OC 6 trailer - type and weight

Can anyone tell me the weight of a loaded OC 6 trailer and tongue load?
And, does anyone use or know of people using a trailer with rollers that carries the canoe upright and is backed off a boat ramp and unloaded into the water?
Thanks

Submitted by Raoul on Tue, 11/10/2009 - 5:59am

Weights of trailers can vary depending on construction, also how many canoes that are loaded. They range from a single OC6 trailer weighing about 2000 lbs loaded, to a 9 boat trailer that weighs loaded in excess of 9,000lbs.
Additionally, tongue weight is based on location of axles. Typically it can be set to any tongue weight that you request.

Typically, most clubs are not going to want to run their canoes on rollers, however, I've see a few trailers that have rollers at the rear of the trailer that allows the canoe to be rolled on to saddles.

Hope that helps a bit.

#1 Tue, 11/10/2009 - 6:16am

I posted this on another discussion. If you have a fairly long flat launch I don't see why you couldn't water launch off our type of trailer. I have loaded an OC6 with 3 people and know 2 guys to load our trailer off a dolly.

Sling carry the weight of the canoe once it is loaded so the rollers really dont cause any significant wear. That is however on boats transported a few times a year not on a daily launch.

#2 Tue, 11/10/2009 - 7:56am

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.164 seconds.