Looking for short iakos for transporting Scorpius XM OC-1

Does anybody know where I can get short iakos to transport a Scorpius XM?

Submitted by Stefan on Mon, 05/25/2015 - 9:18am

Huki Outrigger canoes are the only ones that I've heard of that have stubby iakos for transporting the ama connected to the hull. Contact them to see if theirs can be used with some modifications or have them custom made through someplace that can bend some tubing (i.e muffler shop).

#1 Mon, 05/25/2015 - 1:24pm

chris Harper can help probably- he is in LA. Or contact Kai Bartlett at 808 3686333.

#2 Sat, 05/30/2015 - 12:22pm

You can make your own stubbies. You can use alum tubing or pvc tubing , It is very simple set ama on a stand and measure how far the stubby has to come out of the boat cut to length then measure down how far the stubby has to go to connect to the ama. once you have the measurements then it is time to drill for detent pins, insert tubing and mark with anything. then remove and drill. Next you have to have some epoxy. You will insert a bolt into the top stubby with a large washer on it. before that put some paper inside the stubby because that way you have some backup for your bolt. Next set the bolt in and fill the stubby with epoxy make sure you have left enough of the bolt to go through the down stubby after epoxy is dry bolt the two pieces together loosely. repeat the same for other end of the canoe. I use furniture knobs on the bolt ends easier to tighten up or loosen.. I have made these for my two HUki's and my Pueo and an older Viper Dueo OC2 Huki and Pueo were made with alum tubing and the Viper was made with 1 inch PVC None of these with all material was over 10 dollars , just a little time and effort. I have made all together about 10 sets for friends... Huki charges $55 plus shipping save yourself some money and try it. If you need more info drop me a line....Bruce Lake Havasu. By the way these work well on the truck at 65mph on the freeway. Have gone as far as 450 miles with no problems

#3 Mon, 06/01/2015 - 5:04am

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.177 seconds.