The Word is "UNE"

I think the proper spelling for a poke in seat 1 is UNE, not UNI. Une means "to lever, or to pry", which is what the stroke does in the turn. The word "uni" does not appear in my Hawaiian dictionary. This mispelling is common on club website and the new Kanukulture books. Source, Hawaiian Dictionary, Mary Kawena Pukui, University Press of Hawaii, 1973. However, if someone has better information, it would be helpful.

Syndicate content

Page loaded in 0.157 seconds.