First paddle of Hurricane...

Pleasantly surprised.. It moves a lot helluva better than any roto-kayak i've paddled. It's a lot nicer to be looking forward than back in a shell, but the shell's sliding seat lets the legs play too. It seems faster than the 16', sliding seat Peapod I have, but need to try it same-day with my 27' single. I suspect the extra waterline and sliding seat (and leverage of long oars) will get me a little more slide per calorie. Rudder?! Woah.. the bugger turns!

I watched the YouTube, slo-mo video of Lemmy Lambert V1 in Tahiti and read the various postings, but I almost need to take my iPad with to watch the video to remember his posture.

I moved the seat forward and back to see where my knees should be?! It is more comfortable on the rear settings (I'm 6-0) but wonder if I could get more thrust farther forward...

I only flipped it twice. The Ama is perfectly positioned for me to consider wearing a helmet.. Both times, the Ama was upwind and I was taking small chop directly abeam.

My first re-design of the logo is done. I was going to do it larger but want to be able to read it. Random globs of letters are pointless if you do not know what it says... It also hides a ding on the port side.

Cheers.
Jim

Submitted by wetstuff on Wed, 05/12/2010 - 2:43am

Page loaded in 0.162 seconds.