Looking for a Team to do the 2011 Moloka'i Hoe With

Hello....

I am looking for a seat in the upcoming Moloka'i Hoe race on October 9, 2011. I live in Santa Barbara, CA. and I am willing to travel in order to train with a team. I paddle with an excellent team through Ka Nai'a Outrigger Canoe Club in Santa Barbara that is consistently ranked in the top 5-8% of the field, but there is not enough of us who are able to afford the trip. Therefore, I am farming myself out. I am on the water training 4-5 days a week and in the gym 2-4 days a week (depending on that weeks on-the-water training). My training routines are geared toward making me the most fit, mentally, physically, and emotionally for doing the Molokai channel crossing. I am willing to try out for any spot on any team. My ideal team is one that is comprised of like minded individuals who's goal is to do their absolute best and willing to do what it takes to finish high in the standings. My coaches have trained me to be able to sit in any seat of the boat, but I sit in seat 6 the most. I have been a part of numerous top finishes where I have either steered or paddled. I am comfortable with both.

I look forward to hearing from any team out there that has an extra spot...

Sincerely,

Jerry Lawrie
jerrylawrie@yahoo.com

Submitted by jerrylawrie on Thu, 06/16/2011 - 4:02pm

Page loaded in 0.153 seconds.