Kaua'i World Challenge.

The 2009 Kaua'i World Challenge OC1/OC2, Ski relay race is on 11th April. The Clarkie family is booked in and counting down the months to our first Hawaii experience.
Is anyone else from Australia contemplating heading over for this race. I am trying to talk Rambo into it but that means he has to build a lot of fences between now and then to pay for it, he doesn't like manual work anymore, it interrupts his paddling! I will turn 50 next year so I am eligible to paddle seniors or masters and am looking for a partner. Anyone interested you can get my email address from ausoutrigger.com.au

Submitted by clarkie on Wed, 11/05/2008 - 8:06am

thank you for the post. You beat me to it. Yes the Kaua'i World Challenge is scheduled for April 11th, 2009. This is the weekend before the Pa'a Molokai Solo. There is not an oc6 race scheduled for April 12th (Easter) at this time. However, there will be a prerace on April 9th. Our website should be updated shortly. Visit www.kauaiworldchallenge.com. Mahalo for everyone's support. Butch Keahiolalo. 808.635.0388 bkeahiolalo@yahoo.com

#1 Wed, 11/05/2008 - 12:30pm

Talk about putting the pressure on Clarkie !!! ...... I might have to make this one a business trip and stick GoPro' Cams on everything that moves.

Don't worry i'm workin' on it. .... now where was i .... oh yeah, going for a paddle.

Ramboscie

#2 Wed, 11/05/2008 - 2:02pm

Thanks to Eckhart and the Kamanu mob for paddling with me and lending the canoe which I returned unscratched. Nice Ride!

And to Tom Bartlett, your a top bloke, thanks for China Polly's sister on the warm up race and for taking Mrs Clarkie on a Hawaii outrigger adventure.

Tyler, my girls were impressed, just as well you are a ten hour flight from my place!

I flew out on the evening before the solo, timing is everything.

The Kauai World Challenge is a great race.

#3 Thu, 04/30/2009 - 2:07am

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.172 seconds.