Aussie OC1 Long Course Downwind National Titles - Video

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us<br/>

Greg Long powers to finish first in the 2009 Aussie National OC1 Titles at Coff's Harbour. Included are interviews with visiting Hawaiians, Kai and Lauren Bartlett, Aaron Napoleon, Manny Kulukulualani, Pat and Ryan Dolan.

http://rambos-locker.blogspot.com/2009/12/woolgoolga-to-coffs-oc1-aussie...

Cheers Rambo</br/>

Submitted by Rambo on Tue, 12/29/2009 - 9:33pm

i'm gonna go out on a limb here. that guy Long seems pretty fast.

#1 Wed, 12/30/2009 - 8:52am

Yep. He finished 2nd in the Molo Solo a couple of years back. Wins everything he enters here in Oz, so I guess you could say he's 'pretty fast'.

#2 Wed, 12/30/2009 - 10:57am

As you know, we(everyone on OCPaddler) love your work. I am wondering if you got footage of other paddlers.

Or did something happen? Maybe your time is limited and you are putting some other stuff together later.

#3 Wed, 12/30/2009 - 1:11pm

I got footage of most the other padders up till where Longy's video starts but it's all flat water and painful footage to watch and to tell you the truth there has been so little discussion about it here in Australia, i figured most people would not watch over a hundred paddlers just slogging it out and reliving the pain. On the other hand the short course was fun, shot in good light and interesting to watch.

I have a 10 min edit i did of the Long course, i can upload it if you want, but it's really not that interesting. I think the interviews pretty much sums it up. There were some break-a-ways, but the footage is of most of the top paddlers in flat water drafting each other in lines of 5 etc and seeing who could hang on the longest. Even the GoPro footage.

As Kai said, it's what Mother Nature dished up on the day. Two days earlier, Manny and the others did a downwind run in great conditions and had fun with that.

I didn't get footage of anyone else coming along the rockwall as i followed Longy all the way, but i could see Pat about 100 metres behind in similar water, actually he was closer to the rockwall than Longy and making up ground quickly.

Cheers Rambo

#4 Wed, 12/30/2009 - 3:02pm

If you got it flaunt it Rambo !

Would be cool to check out the tactics and I like staring @ the different hulls as they go through the water.

edit ... Seeing them close - side by side on the same bump is good ( design ) food for thought

Thanks in advance !

aloha,
pog

#5 Wed, 12/30/2009 - 3:18pm

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.165 seconds.