Coaching

If you rated your past/present coaches, what score and why would you give him or her that score? ..who are the best or if you like to throw one under the bus, worst coaches...

Submitted by Likes2Paddle on Tue, 11/03/2009 - 1:54pm

Over the last three years my coaches for either Regatta or Distance where Chris Crabb, Bob Rocheleau, Jimmy Kincaid and/or Mark Buck. Throw some of them underneath the bus? Without a doubt. Best coach was Jimmy Kincaid. His "Maximum Easy" practices where sweet, particularly when he slowed down the intensity to checkout the Hui Lanakila Open Women babes as we crossed paths. Worst coach was Rocheleau. Major Nazi action. Close second goes to Crabb. He's incorporated some of his wife's mentality, thinking he would impress her. Kinda sucks when you're pushing 60.

#1 Tue, 11/03/2009 - 7:15pm

Very weird topic. Why would you want to put out there the " worst coach " let alone using their name(s)? If anything, speak of those who have been good coaches so the conversation is positive. And when the " bad coach" name is not brought on to this form, then maybe that " coach/coaches " , who were not acknowledge as a good coach, can use this to improve his/her role as a coach.

Just my .02

#2 Tue, 11/03/2009 - 8:42pm

Apparently their are some out there who view my post more seriously then I do. For the record, Rocheleau and Crabby are close and respected friends. I don't think the topic is "wierd" at all. Quite the contrary. It should make for fun reading.

#3 Tue, 11/03/2009 - 8:59pm

Sorry man. Have fun with it!

#4 Tue, 11/03/2009 - 9:30pm

KGB I always remember you as the Bull of Kawaikui Beach, so I no going mess with you. Main thing you keep healthy paddling with the makule team and wear your Medicare Card proudly.

#5 Wed, 11/04/2009 - 2:22pm

#6 Wed, 11/04/2009 - 9:16pm

#7 Fri, 11/06/2009 - 5:57am

Thank you Tom. I see you're putting that Roosevelt education to good use. oxo, kb

#8 Thu, 11/05/2009 - 7:16am

KGB.

#9 Fri, 11/06/2009 - 5:56am

I think a good coach is the one that gonna leave the paddlers ready to the race, that observes what's going on, that thinks about all the details, that gets you to next level (talking about technique, physical and mental strength). So that way the paddlers just have to keep health, and show up to practice to give their 100%, knowing they will be ready to "the race".
Gotta pass confidence and paddling/ocean knowledge....
That one that every one respects, and nobody doubts about his decisions.
Def has the final word on everything, without asking paddlers what they think.....

That's my dream coach!

I would love to have a coach for one man season as well, so I would only do my "job" - paddle.

#10 Sat, 11/07/2009 - 2:37pm

#11 Sun, 11/08/2009 - 2:42pm

good coach gotta have the passion.....the ones with the passion always get good results.

JawsOut.

#12 Mon, 11/09/2009 - 9:33am

Lanikai Canoe club is looking for a womens head coach. If anyone is interested please
let the board know

#13 Wed, 01/06/2010 - 8:17pm

I know of a retired fire captain, living in Kailua who'd fit the bill. He has lots of free time since the City and County published a refuse pick up calendar. His day is no longer consumed trying to figure out when the next pick up day is. Along with his wife, there's probably a long list waiting to throw his okole' under the bus. This could a match made in heaven. If I could just remember the gentlemans name.....................

#14 Thu, 01/07/2010 - 6:59am

best post so far this year!.........thanks, keep it up

#15 Thu, 01/07/2010 - 12:51pm

I agree with KGB. Gary(Sword) Murakami would be an excellent choice.

#16 Thu, 01/07/2010 - 8:23pm

Sword Murakami was my first coach when I started out at Healani,till this day I still seek his knowledge and wisdom for paddling tips. This man in my opinion could build a great competitive canoe if someone would give him a chance. Lanikai would benefit from this man with all his knowledge and there is no one better than him to do a Monday meeting. Great words and one liners come to mind : twerp, dib n dab, kissing the gunwhales , half blade no bend . and the best one to me even though he paddled with Kaneohe CC . Ain't no Hui Wa'a club goin beat me!

" Water Cures All" "Big Boys Kick and Glide"

#17 Thu, 01/07/2010 - 10:06pm

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.161 seconds.