Eastern Outrigger

Eastern Outrigger is for sale:

Outrigger Connections northeast dealer for one and 2 man canoes is experiencing a change in direction paddling wise and is looking for a person or organization that would like to take over the business.

All boats and equipment relating to the business will go as a package .

Submitted by fuzerider on Mon, 11/02/2009 - 3:55am

Just guessing, but are you changing your name to V-12 Rider?

#1 Tue, 11/03/2009 - 9:10am

Nah, I still like the name Fuzerider , but everyones going surfskiing around here so, dont want to miss the competition. Besides Im too far north to sell many boats, someone who lives in a more southern location could probably make a go of it.

#2 Tue, 11/03/2009 - 12:02pm

Would it make more sense to sell OC's where it is colder?
Are you going to sell Epic skis?

#3 Tue, 11/03/2009 - 1:16pm

Yes, Serge , It would make perfect sense to go with an OC in colder locations , as you know it`s a much warmer boat to paddle than a ski. A lot more stable too.

No selling for me for a while ,

#4 Tue, 11/03/2009 - 2:13pm

Hi Fuzerider
Eastern Outrigger did a OC-6 molo race in 2006

was that you guys? What state was the team from?

#5 Thu, 11/05/2009 - 2:44pm

we were from a bunch of different states, VA, ME, WI, MA. MI. to name a few.

#6 Fri, 11/06/2009 - 4:20am

Just out of curiosity, didn't Eastern Outrigger have exclusive dealership or distributorship of Outrigger Connection canoes on the East Coast? Now there appears to be a new West Coast outfit that has moved in to the territory and is selling the same brand canoes there on the East Coast. Might this have something to do with you wanting to get out of the business? I can understand being miffed about it after all these years of developing the product there and now having to share the territory with a competitor. Good luck in your new "change of direction paddling."

#7 Fri, 11/06/2009 - 8:55am

Thank you koacanoe, Truth is , the east coast is way too big for only one Outrigger Connection dealer, I actually welcomed having another dealer here on the east coast , thought at first that having another dealer would help to spread the word about outrigger paddling. When gasoline went to $4. a gallon on the mainland , retail sales in general tanked.
I learned alot in the outrigger business , risk taking is VERY exciting , losing shirt , VERY painfull , Oh well , that`s how it goes.....

Probably didn`t help mysef much with all that obnoxious "chine effect" stuff , hope you people could see at least a little humor in all of that.

I still have some pretty nice boats here in Maine that are for sale at reduced rate because they are begining to get a little old , unpaddled but old.

I enjoyed it while it lasted , except for the shirt loss part......

#8 Fri, 11/06/2009 - 10:20am

Hey, you got to give fuzerider credit for trying to keep the east coast in OC product. It won't be the same not seeing the white van and trailer loaded w/ canoes driving south from Maine to Florida. Fuze is right....there needs to be a wider variety of product here on the east coast U.S. AND a burgeoning market for those who are trying to import and sell boats here. Growing up in the mid-Atlantic region, I hope AND anticipate that it's eventually going to take off. I bought a 2-man off of Erik. Very smooth, fair and friendly transaction. He was always willing and able to have a boat for me to demo...from Boston to Florida. Hope to see you at some races Erik and wishing you the best...

#9 Fri, 11/06/2009 - 12:02pm

Fuze,
You could probably sell all your stock this weekend if you'd park your trailer near that big boot outfit with all the fufu boats in Freeport? Display some pictures and videos and the canoes should move fast. My guess is that probably rudderless sit inside cockpit style outriggers would be more in demand there? The American made V-1's are perfect for flat inland waters? Add an outer layer of Kevlar to the hull and they should do fine in the shallow water being propelled by a rock bashing blade? You're right about surfskis, they are surprisingly all over the Coast: from Bar Harbor to Provincetown I saw them.
ps: How's the weather now?

#10 Fri, 11/06/2009 - 11:33pm

Weather is cooling off , snowed twice already , water is getting very cold , still paddling though . Mrs Fuzerider and myself are the only ones on the water around here right now.

drewp; thanks for the kind words......

#11 Mon, 11/09/2009 - 10:48am

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.186 seconds.