Fenn Cup Race 1 - Video

Only 2 outriggers in the race, predominantly ocean ski but high class field of ocean paddlers.

A very close finish with Jeremy cotter just pipping Tim Jacobs on the run up too the line with Shannon Eckstein 3rd and in the womens race Hayley Bateup proved too strong for Former Molokai Champ Jasmin Kelly with 2 time Olympian Yander Nossiter 3rd.

Enjoyed myself immensely shooting this video, very challenging.

Cheers Rambo

Fenn Cup Downwind Series - Race 1 from Rambo's Locker on Vimeo.

Submitted by Rambo on Tue, 09/29/2009 - 6:54pm

Cool Rambo,

I especially like the upwind shots around 7 minutes.

Thanks for doing all this.
aloha,
pog

#1 Tue, 09/29/2009 - 11:53pm

Lot's more coming Pog, about 7 more races to go. Another one this weekend again in Sydney.
Thanks for the support.
CHeers Rambo

#2 Wed, 09/30/2009 - 2:26am

hate to nag you rambo but whatever happened to that karel doctor video? the one you took with that fancy cam.

#3 Wed, 09/30/2009 - 3:17am

2nd that ... Not trying to nag either ... but that was one I was really looking forward to as well.

aloha,
pog

#4 Wed, 09/30/2009 - 8:54am

At the time as you know Karel had a very bad chest infection and almost didn't race, so he wasn't at his best and the conditions were ordinary. Out of respect for him, i decided at the time not to show the video of him suffering and well below his best. However i have a few ideas to turn it into an education or study video so people can learn from watching him from the 3 camera angles.

I will put it together soon, but it won't be a race video, that would be unfair.

On a separate note, Kai, Arron, Nap and Lauren are racing at the Aussie National Oc1 Titles here in December, so that will be a good opportunity to shoot them doing a downwind, Aussie style. (means i can't race ... bugga)

Cheers Rambo

#5 Wed, 09/30/2009 - 11:01am

C'mon Rambo, we can chuck a camera on all of them, I'll get some at the start, after that they will be out of shot. You have to paddle, that Booze Hound is talking is up now he has the Zepher, we have to make him eat Pegasus!

#6 Sun, 10/04/2009 - 1:56am

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.175 seconds.