Hawaiki Nui

O.K....Channel pau.

Now its time to talk about the real World Championships, Hawaiki Nui. Team Hawaii sending up a team. From what I gather, Walt Guild leading the charge. Team members??

Hiro...here comes Hawaii...Going be hard to beat you guys, but I think..or I hope..Hawaii makes a better showing than last year. What's the word in Tahiti?? Can anyone beat Shell?? Paddle Connection thought that they were going to give Shell a run in the Molokai Hoe, but you all know what happened there. Primo has a few of the team Hawaii boys, add in a couple others, and maybe we knocking on the door this year.

Go Team Hawaii....

JawsOut.

Submitted by RatchetJaws on Mon, 10/12/2009 - 2:22pm

i think team primo = team hawai'i

#1 Mon, 10/12/2009 - 2:36pm

Don't forget about OPT, EDT, BoraBora Va'a, Matairea Hoe and a few others that did not come to Molokai... They are getting ready to kick some asses...
Hawaiki Nui is not the same race : no changes...
It would be nice to see some foreign team give shell a run. Last year's battle between Shell and EDT was a pleasure to watch... For once things were not written from the start.
You will beat my club easily tough : 12 paddlers, 6 of wich have never done a race before... 5 of them are veterans... Yeeha !

#2 Mon, 10/12/2009 - 9:23pm

Your club name?? Veterans?? Good, OLD GUYS RULE!!!

JawsOut.

#3 Mon, 10/12/2009 - 3:41pm

I wasn't choosing team primo/hawai'i as a potential winner. just clarifying that team hawai'i will pretty much be team primo.

#4 Mon, 10/12/2009 - 4:04pm

What will hurt Team Hawaii is the Chemistry. Too many different guys from different clubs ( Primo, Outrigger and Lanikai guys ) that have been doing different strokes. I would just use Team Primo paddlers since they have a better chemistry, together.

How often did these guys train together and yet train with their Molokai crews to prepare for Hawaiki Nui? Maybe that is what had hurt the Outrigger guys in the overall standings. Learning a new stroke from what they have been doing.

Lanikai did a hell of a job in their finish. Spooky bunck of guys. If you really think about it, the Primo strokers were Lanikai guys ( Mike P and Kai ) along with Mike Judd in crew. So, maybe using some of the Lanikai guys as part of the chemistry could complement the Primo stroke??????

Walter is a hell of paddler and a great organizer. Kala Judd did a great job in Team Primo, but Kai has done a fabulous job in making his mark where ever he goes. Being on Maui with Hawaiian and making big results there. Reuniting with Lanikai last year and finishing 3rd in a tough Tahiti field. And this year with Team Primo.

Good luck to Team Hawai'i.

#5 Mon, 10/12/2009 - 6:48pm

Be sure to be in Tahiti a few days before the race to check your canoe. I remember Team Hawaii not having luck with broken seats or such things past years...

#6 Mon, 10/12/2009 - 7:45pm

I bet on EDT for Hawaiki Nui this year, if not OPT, but I don't know about Shell for Hawaiki Nui this year...... I might be wrong, but those teams are really focusing on Hawaiki Nui, that's why they never came to Moloka'i Hoe. I imagine it will be an awesome race to watch. I still hope I can go watch it! But I do think Team Hawaii will have the best result so far for that race this year. It would be awesome to be there to watch it!!!! Good luck to all and my special good luck to Maupiti Va'a!!! =)

#7 Mon, 10/12/2009 - 7:48pm

Primo Stroke????? I think it involves hands, wrist, forearms, then elbow bend and lips....if I'm not mistaken.

JawsOut.

#8 Tue, 10/13/2009 - 9:49am

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.215 seconds.