Hawaiki nui in Team's Hawaii own words...

Aloha, a couple of years ago, after Hawaiki nui i remeber reading Danny Chings experience on the his race, it was great to hear all the details about it, i think it helps us day dreamers that one day want to bring a crew down this prestigious race.... how about this year? anybody of Team Hawaii would like to talk stories, and help with your experience to all of us who want to go ONE DAY?

MAHALO IN ADVANCE

Submitted by marianolarghi on Thu, 11/12/2009 - 1:56am

Great idea Mariano!!

#1 Thu, 11/12/2009 - 4:12am

mariano, gather a crew and come.

#2 Thu, 11/12/2009 - 5:19pm

Mariano, Dont wait for one day just go you will never forget it.
Dont be under the impression that it is a race for only elite teams, you will be welcomed and encouraged by all the Tahitians no matter what your standard.
I would really like to hear an account from the German team as well, I bet they got more out of it than anyone did.

On the subject of waiting for ONE DAY think about time this way , say we have 70 good active years in our life in which to have our adventures, now transpose that 70 years into 7 days and if you are 45 years old its already Thursday afternoon and youve only got till Sunday to do everything you planned on doing ONE DAY.
So Mariano youve got just under a year to prepare for the race , best get started.

#3 Thu, 11/12/2009 - 7:56pm

Dont be under the impression that it is a race for only elite teams, you will be welcomed and encouraged by all the Tahitians no matter what your standard.

We're far from "elite", and yes, we're happy to share the fun with everyone.

#4 Thu, 11/12/2009 - 10:32pm

Mariano...I know it is easier said than done, but everyone out there that considers themselves a die-hard outrigger canoe paddler...either recreational, for exercise, or elite level....HAS TO (or is it HAVE TOO) go to Tahiti and experience Hawaiiki Nui. If not to paddle, then to watch. It is an experience you will never forget. You are one year away, start planning now. Go watch first...if can get on a boat, any kine boat, rent a cat or something...but get on the water for all three days. A must experience. After that, you will know why the Tahitians are the best in the world. On a side note...the eye candy is pretty spectacular as well :).

JawsOut.

#5 Fri, 11/13/2009 - 9:58am

Kevlon-
"On the subject of waiting for ONE DAY think about time this way , say we have 70 good active years in our life in which to have our adventures, now transpose that 70 years into 7 days and if you are 45 years old its already Thursday afternoon and youve only got till Sunday to do everything you planned on doing ONE DAY."

Simply put one of the best quotes I have ever heard.

#6 Fri, 11/13/2009 - 11:04am

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.177 seconds.