Looking for Paddlers - 100 km Length of the Lake Race, Penticton, Canada (near Vancouver)

[First off, I know this forum is international. For those considering joining us from far away, we can't pay for your airfare, but we can pick you up at the airport and get you a place to stay, and probably share some our local wine (and beer)]

I vowed I wasn't going to do the race this year. But now it's fast approaching (September 26, 2009) and I NEED to do it again. My crew wants to do it in an OC-2, but I want to do it in the official category (OC-6, 6 men, 6 women)
Here's what we already have to offer:
4 women, 2 men, a canoe, a way to get it there, and an inside line to the event organizers (we are the event organizers, so you know who'll get extra dessert!), probably a place to stay

Here's what we're looking for:
4 men, 2 women.....

If we don't know you, you'll have to give us your paddling resume, in turn we'll give you ours (Collectively we've done Length of the Lake about 20 or 30 times). We've been training hard all season, we'd expect the same of our team mates. Other than that, we're pretty easy going about it. We just want to race. You can contact me at the above address or by calling (250) 488-3100. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.

For those that don't know about Length of the Lake, here's what it is:
A 100 km outrigger race from Vernon, British Columbia to Penticton, British Columbia - the length of Okanagan Lake. We're located about a five hour drive north-east of Vancouver. The race is open to all kinds of outriggers and surf-skis. The OC-6 race is done relay style, with crews of 12 paddlers (6 men/6 women) swapping out and driving to the next check point. There are 5 different check points shown below where teams can exchange paddlers (total distance in brackets). The exchange is done at the beach. There are safety boats following the crews for the entire length.
Distances:
Vernon (0 km)
Fintry (16 km)
Bear Creek (40 km)
Peachland (64 km)
Summerland (84.5 km)
Penticton (100 km, finish)
For more info:
www.pentictonoutrigger.com

Thanks

Don Mulhall
Penticton Racing Canoe Club

Submitted by kahuna on Wed, 09/09/2009 - 5:55pm

oh that sounds awesome, 62 miles (for those lame like me and had to convert it). Put me down for next year!

#1 Thu, 09/10/2009 - 8:54am

Should have asked earlier, I could have mixed it with visiting my sister in Vancouver. Next year....

#2 Thu, 09/10/2009 - 4:05pm

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.164 seconds.