Molokai Hoe Race filmed Live!

You can watch the Men's Molokai race LIVE!
We at Ocean Paddler TV, under contract from OHCRA and the Molokai Hoe, are proud to announce the following details of the first ever LIVE web-cast of the 57th Men's Molokai Hoe, Sunday, Oct 11. Over 1000 participants will be making the grueling paddle from Molokai to Oahu, Teams from as far away as Russia are competing. This is the first time a feed from a helicopter over the Kaiwi channel is attempted. The live feed will be available at:
www.molokaihoe.org
and
www.ustream.tv

The live feed will come from our video helicopter covering the race - this is the first time a broadband feed is attempted from a helicopter. Timeline:

• 7:20AM race start - the feed will initiate as soon as the helicopter encounters a usable broadband signal off Laau Point. (approx 5 minutes after the start)
  • There will be a 1.5 hour break in between Molokai and Oahu to refuel. Stay tuned to our Chat and Twitter updates right there on the site.
  • At approximately 10:15 Am the feed will resume and cover the finish of the race.

Please be patient as the feed will most likely come in and out. We conducted a test flight over a 3 week period and our connectivity was acceptable to perform this live cast.

Wireless service is provided by Hele Broadband (Division of Mobi PCS).

We also invite the public to come down to the staging area at Fort Derussy beach in Waikiki, Look for the Ocean Paddler TV booth, and watch the race with us on our flat screens.

Please help us to get the word out by sending this email on to those who love our state sport.

Any questions, please feel free to contact me at terry@oceanpaddler.tv

Aloha, Mahalo and a hui hou,

Terry Galpin
Ocean Paddler TV
(808) 372-8131
www.oceanpaddler.tv http://www.molokaihoe.orgRead MoreMoloka'i Hoe - Oahu Hawaiian Canoe Racing Association
Source: www.molokaihoe.org

Submitted by ainokea on Thu, 10/08/2009 - 10:01am

Mahalo Ainokea for posting this:):)

terry

#1 Thu, 10/08/2009 - 1:14pm

Another article from the Honolulu Advertiser ....
http://tinyurl.com/yhaetjm

Mahalo Terry, Ainokea, and the Ocean Paddler TV for the awesome live feed!

#2 Fri, 10/09/2009 - 10:14pm

I just want to remind everyone that the feed may be coming in and out, so be patient. This will be the first time anything like this has been done on a broadband.

If you are down at the beach, look for the ocean paddler tv booth, we will be showing it..
xoxoxoxo
Terry

#3 Sat, 10/10/2009 - 5:21pm

What is the cost of the helicopter and live feed? Who paid for it?

#4 Sun, 10/11/2009 - 9:39am

Over 12 minutes gap!!! Nah! No can. After this, I'm switching to Hinano and filling my car up with Shell. Ok Terry, here's your chance. For they say a "picture is worth a 1000 words." Please show us a stroke for stroke video analysis from start to finish of these incredible paddlers winning the Molokai. Forget the special interest video clips, the interviews, the cut aways, history, etc. Run all of that in the background and just show 100% all race footage so we can all enjoy and experience the strokes, the changes and spirit that these Tahiti paddlers have demonstrated.

#5 Sun, 10/11/2009 - 4:39pm

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.198 seconds.