Na Wahine O Ke Kai - TV special tonight

Aloha,

just wanted to let everybody know that the special will air tonight at 7PM on OC-16. You can also catch it for the first time in full HD on Channel 1016 simulcast (that's the HD version of OC-16).

Thanks,

Alex
OP TV

Submitted by HawaiianX on Fri, 10/09/2009 - 2:07pm

Will it be possible to watch it also via the internet? If so, please post site address. Mahalo

#1 Fri, 10/09/2009 - 3:44pm

I didn't know this until 20 seconds ago... it's live on http://www.oc16.tv

#2 Fri, 10/09/2009 - 7:07pm

The show will air thru out the week, check your local listings, you can watch it live at www.oc16.tv...
Terry

#3 Fri, 10/09/2009 - 7:50pm

AWESOME!!!

#4 Fri, 10/09/2009 - 10:15pm

Much much mahalo for the link and what a wonderful day for racing the Channel. My only suggestion is that it would be nice to have more footage on the actual race, especially after the breakaway of Team Bradley and Waikiki Beachboys. Yes, I know it would seem unreasonable to just concentrate the camera on this high sea battle, but wow, what an opportunity to observe outrigger paddling at its best. Observing the two teams strategy, tactics, technique and changes would be an enormous benefit to all paddlers.

#5 Sat, 10/10/2009 - 8:30am

I totally agree with Koacanoe. While appreciating the hard work involved, it would be nice to know who is in each of the top crews, which course they took, the conditions that day, and yeah, I close look at the battle for first. I would also like to know who I am watching on the screen and who placed tops in all the different catagories. Some of us paddlers use these films for educating ourselves with what the top crews do. Most of us don't get to see the front of the race and love an opportunity to check it out. We like all the details and insight watching the top crews can bring - not to mention the motivation and inspiration. Mahalo for what we did get.

#6 Sat, 10/10/2009 - 2:07pm

Mahalo for the feedback on last night's show. I tell my friends to watch the show a couple of times. (it will air during the next week, check your local listings for times and days) You will see Kelly from team Bradley and Kaui from the waikiki beachboys talking about some of the stuff you requested. Kalaii talks about the conditions, Mindy talked about courses..We need to remember the show is about the essense of the Na Wahine O Ke kai. There were nearly 90 crews. Maybe on some upcoming episodes of Ocean Paddler TV, we will highlight some more of the day.

Hopefully someday soon we can do a full hour on both races!!:)

Mahalo nui for your feedback. I appreciate it. It only makes us better!
Aloha,
Terry

#7 Sat, 10/10/2009 - 6:10pm

BTW, The na wahine special airs again tonight at 8:30pm on oc-16

#8 Sat, 10/10/2009 - 5:22pm

Thanks Terry - it would be really cool if you did an in depth profile of Team Bradley's race from the footage you all got. Talked about the crew, who they are and how each of them got there this year. The specific course taken by Bradley vs others in the top 5. Showed the strength and courage to come from behind and gain the lead, as well as the crews they had to battle with on the way to the front. I'd like to just see really steady paddling of them so we can all watch, learn and admire. Just an idea fueled by your suggestion of a seperate segment on your monthly show - which I love!

#9 Sat, 10/10/2009 - 7:24pm

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.182 seconds.