Politics...

I am a fairly novice paddler and have noticed that the paddling associations/clubs seem to be loaded with politics that deprive paddlers from being involved in all races available and getting the full potential experience...example some clubs will not participate in other clubs sponsored races and so forth…and was throwing this topic out there to see how we can work together to eliminate and better this sport...please refrain from naming clubs and individuals

Submitted by Likes2Paddle on Tue, 09/29/2009 - 1:21pm

paddle one mans only, sell all 6 mans to help fund all those who cannot afford a one man normally.

only solution i see

#1 Tue, 09/29/2009 - 1:48pm

Ok, so who, sell all the 6 mans.....to who?

#2 Tue, 09/29/2009 - 2:02pm

Paddle-tics. It's everywhere. Any group of 3 or more people together and you're going to have some kind of politics. Get used to it and work around it. There is no kumbaya solution.

#3 Tue, 09/29/2009 - 2:51pm

sell to the government, it will all be subsidized.

#4 Tue, 09/29/2009 - 3:34pm

Paddletics are everywhere (even in non-paddling sports). The trick is to have an OC-1 as a last resort and always "keep your bag packed" mentally.

On a positive note, OC-6's work on teamwork and cohesion. That's actually part of the fun of the sport. I prefer OC-6's for that very reason. The challenge is greater. Again you'll find that the best cohesioin does not always equal the best paddlers. Someone has to pick who sits in the boat and those judgments are tough. That's where many of the problems lie, in who picks who goes where.

One trick to beating paddletics is to make yourself a "valuable" person, either in the actually paddling or the support of the paddling. It invaraibly causes folks to defer to your suggestions, because no one what's to lose your valuable contribution.

The last resort is to buy your own OC-6. I've actually known folks who have done that. Of course, then you have to recruit paddlers and -- guess what -- you have paddletics all over.

#5 Wed, 09/30/2009 - 4:35am

Paddleticks isn` t too bad , if you are a tyrant like me.

Start your own club and you can be a tyrant too.

You better be a nice tyrant though or you won`t have any paddlers.

#6 Wed, 09/30/2009 - 6:25am

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.197 seconds.