replacing rear steering cable for older Outrigger Connection Viper OC-2

I have an older Viper OC-2 and the rear steering cable on the footpaddle is coming undone. Wondering how to replace it. How do I get the new cable into the hull and coming out at the rear where it hooks into the rudder setup? The holes for the cable are very small and just a little bit bigger than the diameter of the cable. Anybody has any advice? Mahalo in advance

Submitted by fishhead on Sat, 10/31/2009 - 6:40pm

If I'm not mistaken, the tubing that the cables come out of run the whole length. You should be able to just push the replacement cable through while pulling the old ones out.

If you aren't sure, tie some dental floss or fishing line to the cable end before pulling the old ones out. That way you can pull the new ones through using the floss or fishing line.

Still not sure, call Outrigger Connection or send them an e-mail and they should be able to help out.

Phone: (808)261-8424
e-mail: canoes@outriggerconnectionhawaii.com

#1 Sun, 11/01/2009 - 9:58pm

E7M
thanks for your advice. There is no visible tubing at the entrance to the hull, like most of hte newer canoes have. I will try the fishing line idea. I am also contacting Outrigger Connection to see if they have a better idea. Mahalo

#2 Mon, 11/02/2009 - 3:22pm

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.212 seconds.