Twenty Beaches 2009 Surf Ski Race - Video

The 20 Beaches Classic is the premiere surf ski race of the Aussie Ocean Racing Series. Run from Manly to Palm beach or reverse it usually attracts a huge field including many Olympic paddlers and internationals.
http://rambos-locker.blogspot.com/2009/12/twenty-beaches-2009-surf-ski-r...

Pat Dolan, Lauren Bartlett and Oscar Chalupsky also paddled this race, hence my reason for posting it here for those interested.

These guys chase down some nice runs in the second half of the video when the wind comes up.
Cheers Rambo

Submitted by Rambo on Thu, 12/24/2009 - 3:01am

Pat did very well in this race almost making the top 10 in a quality field. Not too bad at all for a stranger to these waters and having been on holidays in OZ for the past couple of weeks. Laurens little error at the end cost her first place, but as she so graciously said, it was great fun out there.

R

#1 Thu, 12/24/2009 - 12:49pm

Merry Christmas Cecil, so you are surfing the net on Christmas Day, at least I'm doing it on work time, Santa is winging his way over to the States as we speak, pity we nicked all the good presents out of the sleigh!!!!!!!!!!!

It was certainly a buzz to have all those quality paddlers visiting us for an extended period, and our locals are pretty good too....I wish I was heading to the ocean instead of the flat tomorrow........

#2 Thu, 12/24/2009 - 2:04pm

While we speak, Clarkie is heading off for a 404km race on a V1 down the mighty Murray River. We did it 2 years ago on an OC2 in 48 degree heat, so hopefully he will get some favorable paddling weather this time.

Video and info from the 2007 race.
http://rambos-locker.blogspot.com/2008/01/red-cross-murray-ultra-maratho...

Cheers Rambo

#3 Fri, 12/25/2009 - 11:37am

Merry Christmas

#4 Sun, 12/27/2009 - 11:46am

Eh Rambo,

Dang man, the quality of these just keep getting better and better ... Is it you or the equipment ? : )

Thanks for putting these things up.

aloha,
pog

#5 Wed, 12/30/2009 - 10:22am

Thanks for the feedback Pog. Bit of both mate, the more i do the more i learn and any $'s goes back into better equipment, so i really appreciate the people that are supporting me and giving me the opportunity to showcase ocean racing and the wonderful personalities and localities involved.

Cheers Rambo

#6 Wed, 12/30/2009 - 1:33pm

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.335 seconds.