Watch the Molokai Hoe LIVE

Aloha everyone,

GREAT news, you will be able to watch the Molokai hoe LIVE Oct 11 at www.molokaihoe.org.
Ocean Paddler TV will begin the streaming at 7:30am Hawaii time. You can watch it on line or come down to the finish and look for the Ocean Paddler TV tent and watch it there with me:):).

Some interruptions may occur, for those of you who live outside of Hawaii, you know, most can't even use their cell phones in lono, because of the signal issues, there will be a 10 minute delay at the start. There may also be interruptions here and there because of the channel and various other reasons, so I beg you to help us with your Aloha, as this will be the FIRST time we have attempted this during a channel crossing.

Alex and our team have done several test flights over the race course and so far it looks pretty good, except for the delay in the start.

How exciting is this? Big mahalos should go to OHCRA for this gift.

Keep your fingers crossed and remember, there may be some interuptions.

Aloha, Mahalo and a hui hou,
Terry

Submitted by Kanu37 on Fri, 10/02/2009 - 9:11am

Wahines, we are sorry we werent ready for the Na wahine o ke kai event..

#1 Fri, 10/02/2009 - 9:15am

That is awesome-

It means-

Fuzerider can insult or critique the paddlers in real time

Goodwaka can lament on the non-traditional type of canoes present in the race

Rambo can film it from his home in Australia. Helmet cam staring straight into the computer

and I can blame work for lack of training time.

Really Super cool. Now you just have to deal with the ladies-Yikes

#2 Fri, 10/02/2009 - 9:52am

Terry-fic there Terry! This could be a start for something huge even if there is interruptions during telecast.

Are your guys are going to try to cover as many canoes or just the lead pack? ( Shell, EDT, OPT, Primo, Outrigger )

#3 Fri, 10/02/2009 - 9:51am

((Oops)) The website says the stream will be broadcast on Oct. 5th, not the 11th! It is Oct. 11th right?

#4 Fri, 10/02/2009 - 10:21am

Terry, PLEASE broadcast it live on the 5th, and not the 11th. It would save me a lot of trouble if I knew how we did before we begin.

#5 Fri, 10/02/2009 - 10:30am

goto
The future's not here yet.

#6 Fri, 10/02/2009 - 10:35am

I wish we would have been ready to do this for the na wahine, sadly we were not..The race is Oct 11th, the molokai hoe folks will correct the date on their web-site.

Yes, Ocean Paddler TV will include the web-cast for the events we are hired to film in 2010:):)
Our production calender is being filled up now, so if you have an event, and have a media budget, you better contact me quickly!!!!!!! Our show, Ocean paddler TV is in demand:):):)

So exciting, but also a little nervous. Coastal races will be easy, but doing it over the channels presents some issues..Alex will be filming the web-cast from the chopper.

A new show starts 10-6 on oc-16 at 6:30pm..Outside hawaii you can watch it live at www.oc16.tv..

xoxoxo everyone..
terry
terry@oceanpaddler.tv

#7 Fri, 10/02/2009 - 11:19am

Quote: Goodwaka can lament on the non-traditional type of canoes present in the race

There will be at least 3 Koa canoes in the race, we loaded them this morning - Lanikai, Outrigger and Puakea.

#8 Fri, 10/02/2009 - 11:35am

love paddling!

#9 Sun, 10/10/2010 - 9:23am

Wow, awesome broadcast Terry, Alex and OceanpaddlerTV. About 80% of the people on the chat are complete retards.

#10 Sun, 10/10/2010 - 12:34pm

...that's a scientific fact.

#11 Sun, 10/10/2010 - 12:34pm

I posted on the chat... Am I part of these 80% ?
;-)

#12 Sun, 10/10/2010 - 8:08pm

Mahalo for the support guys, it was a hard thing to do, Our EP Alex did an amazing job bringing you this race across a channel where you can't even get cell phone service in parts. I was so proud today and we proved the world will watch!
xoxo

PS: Hiro...you are awesome!
Alan, you too!!!

#13 Sun, 10/10/2010 - 8:13pm

Hiro... You know I wasn't talking about you!

#14 Sun, 10/10/2010 - 8:32pm

Thanx for the show Terry, I had a good time with friends this morning. Watching live broadcast and listening to RFO radio. There were some tahitians journalists with cellphones on boats in the channel this morning.

#15 Sun, 10/10/2010 - 8:35pm

Despite the tech issues, being able to follow my fav sport live from the opposite face of earth is just awesome !
By the way, Hiro, I was one of the retards ;-) (well i guess, 80% is a lot !)

mauruuru to those that made it possible.

#16 Sun, 10/10/2010 - 10:29pm

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.308 seconds.