camping with a boat

I am thinking about getting into trailer camping and would like to know if anybody out there has heard of a way to pull a camper and take a smaller boat along. I have a 95 GMC 4X4 pickup and I ‘m thinking about getting a 20ftish pull behind camper which creates the problem of how to take the boat along. I think that hauling it in an upright position sounds the best but I’m not sure if anything is available on the market to do this. Any thoughts or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Submitted by gluer on Fri, 05/14/2010 - 9:22am

I work for a company that manufacturers a rack that might work well for you. The model 310 from tdipowerrack.com hauls the boat right side up and you can leave the motor on it. I hope this helps and good luck.

#1 Fri, 05/14/2010 - 9:40am

Gee gluer, that's a really nice first post!
You've been a Member for 52 min 53 sec and set up mrobrien nicely for his ad.

I wonder, could mrobrien be a spammer who just created gluer to post an ad that no one wants to see?

go away mrobrien, buh bye!

#2 Fri, 05/14/2010 - 10:05am

i do believe you are correct.

#3 Fri, 05/14/2010 - 10:20am

mrobrien has a cool product, but I am pretty tired of hearing about it on any post about transport. Buy an ad or post things that have some actual content.

#4 Fri, 05/14/2010 - 10:52am

Y'all better cut Mr O'Brien some slack. This product is perfect for my outrigger canoe. It's always such a hassle taking the engine off before I tie a rope to the front of the canoe and drag it up onto the roof of my pick-up...

#5 Fri, 05/14/2010 - 1:32pm

Sounds like a great product Mr. O'Brien - how's about sponsoring a canoe race or putting some money into the sport - that way you get all the ad exposure you want and more people like Kahuna can enjoy its use in outrigger?

Now that would be a nice slack to have ay? Pick a race, any race, talk to PA'A, Epic, Kanaka Ikaika, OHCRA, HCRA - I'm sure they would love to have you as a sponsor and the sport would greatly appreciate it too!

#6 Fri, 05/14/2010 - 2:07pm

yes.... the mafia drops in and takes care of business without even being asked.

love it.

#7 Fri, 05/14/2010 - 4:30pm

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.203 seconds.