Canoe manufacturing

I'm getting caught in a bit of a dilemma. Our club recently purchased a new OC6. Newly manufactured and delivered. At the time, we ordered a race skirt for the canoe. It was a skirt designed to fit this model canoe (canoe manufacturer AND skirt manufacturer are in the same city). We took delivery on the canoe and attempted to fit the spray skirt to find that it didn't fit at all. The cockpits in the skirt did not line up with the seats, the skirt was too narrow in spots. I'm guessing (with other people's suggestions) that there may be different designs of the "same" canoe....dependent on who is doing the manufacturing AND that the template for the skirt may have been off of a different manufacturer/design. Is this the case? Can the design of the same canoe from one manufacturer to another be that off? The skirt manufacturer has a good reputation but they are now putting the burden on me to furnish detailed measurments of the canoe so the skirt can be altered..or remade. I'm not entirely comfortable with the design coming off of my measurements AND I paid for a skirt to already FIT the canoe. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Submitted by drewp on Tue, 11/09/2010 - 1:02pm

If the manufacturer isn't available to send you the updated measurements, I'd just get on the horn with the skirt company and have them walk you thru each measurement, so that it's done the way they want it...If there's any paddle vets in the area, I'm sure their experience would be super helpful as well

#1 Tue, 11/09/2010 - 5:15pm

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.163 seconds.