Go/Mukulele The Screwing Begins

Go/Mokulele-The screwing begins

The screwing of paddlers begins and we are still a month from Molokai.

From my experience, Go/Mokulele runs behind by hours to Molokai on the 2 to 3 days before Molokai races and in general most flights later in the day

I truly think they don’t have the number of planes for the flights they advertise and sell seats to, so you book and then they change, collapse, or cancel flights, and they don’t give a crap. As time goes on I have seen more paddlers select –Island Air, Pacific Wings, or Private Charters first before Go/Mokulele

I also had a problem with how Mokulele started using a Hawaiian name and Hawaiian faces to advertise the “New Mexico” company when they started in 2006. It felt like cultural exploitation. Of course, sadly many companies do it, but I thought it was over the top when they started, but that is another thread.

Brief Summary-

-Sweet non stop from Kona to Molokai- OK price book it. I knew I was taking a risk and told family and friends I bet money this doesn’t last.

-3 weeks later- flight changed-read “collapsing flights” get into Molokai 4 hours later and go through Maui.

-Call customer service to explain 1) Cancelling and changing flights to Molokai near the big races is really, really bad practice. They didn’t give a crap 2) I can’t take your refund to rebook, because everything already booked. 3) I have no guarantee that your re-scheduled flight will be on time- I know it won’t it is in the afternoon-everything in the afternoon runs later on Go/Mokulele 4) Can you comp my luggage?-No 5) Don’t tell me it is about safety of passengers (They tried to tell me it was about the number of planes and hours they can fly etc BS , BS ) It is about $$$ and making more money although you have advertised and book flights.

I actually thought about the Super Ferry for a moment-just a moment, Good luck to you and keep an eye out on your reservations.

Submitted by Kona J on Fri, 09/03/2010 - 7:33am

yep, and let's not forget they LOVE to break paddles, especially brand new ones. lame.

#1 Fri, 09/03/2010 - 9:31am

Our flight to Kona was delayed delayed delayed for this weekends Liliu'o Race. I remember when Mokulele was their own airline and they actually took care of the passenger. Before Go came along. I booked with Island Air to Moloka'i at the end of the month just to stay out of a Go situation. Too many customers, too few employees, too few planes= unhappy passengers. I have enough to worry about before the race I don't need to worry if the airline has their shit together.

#2 Mon, 09/06/2010 - 6:04am

Yup -

Horrible customer service. So 6 of us are on the same inter-island flight on Thursday afternoon. Moku called one of us, emailed another, and left four of us in the dark as to the delay (month out 1 hour delay, who knows whether that will increase by October 7th). Furthermore, who knows whether Moku let anyone else on our flight know about the delays.

By race time, we'll prolly get bumped to Friday...

#3 Wed, 09/08/2010 - 7:26am

I was on my way to Molokai on Friday. There was one line reserved for Lanai/Molokai customers, and I was the only one in it. The girl at the ticket counter was talking to a guy and I assumed she was checking him in. I sat there for at least 10 minutes before I went up and asked if the flight was still going. Turns out she was just BSing with this guy and was ignoring me. She acted all annoyed and after checking me in I was walking away when I realized she never gave me my ID back and had to go back to get it. Total incompetence. I honestly will boycott this airline, I don't even really feel safe if this kind of ineptitude carry's through to maintenence dept etc. I mean, who is running the show over there?

#4 Wed, 09/08/2010 - 12:44pm

I will NEVER EVER fly GO (aka STAY) again! This is the second time I have been screwed by GO. The first time was a few years ago when I was trying to fly to Kauai for States. GO had over-booked and given away my seat. The policy is if you aren't there 30 minutes prior, they will give away your seat. I was at the counter 35 minutes prior (after waiting in their ridiclous line) and my seat had been given away. I had to sit in the lobby for a few hours as stand-by. I did finally make it, but I am sure someone else got screwed out of their seat....
My second (and last) time I was screwed by GO airlines was Friday when my family was trying to get to Kona. So, we arrived at the airport an hour early to find a line backed up to the door with a lot of exasperated looking people standing around. It was then that I looked up at the screen and saw that the flight to Kona was cancelled. After waiting in line for at least 45 minutes, I am told that all other flights to Kona and Hilo are booked (actually over-booked), it is not possible to fly us to another island and then to Kona, and that there will be no additional flights to Kona. The only option we were given was to sit in the lobby as stand-by (which by the way, there were 30 other people on stand-by for these over-booked flights that only hold 50 people in the first place). After being at the airport for over 7 hours (with a 1 1/2 year old), we gave up... The flight we were on stand-by for was delayed 2 hours, with all 50 people confirmed. Since GO obviously failed, we tried Hawaiian and managed to get the last two seats on their 8pm flight (which were NOT CHEAP). I decided to call the GO's customer care line to get reimbursed or more preferably have GO pay for my Hawaiian tickets. The (very rude) customer service representative said GO would not consider paying for the Hawaiian airfare because GO accomodated me... I suppose me sitting in the lobby with a 1 1/2 year old for up to 12 hours as stand-by, keeping my fingers crossed in hope that I can miraculously get on one of the over-booked flights so I make my race the next day, for a seat on a flight that I reserved and paid for months ago is accomodating the customer. Oh and the supervisor was too busy to talk to me... GO can shove it.

#5 Wed, 09/08/2010 - 1:21pm

well, on a good note, HTTP://HAWAIIANCANVAS.COM is making a new rigid padded paddle bag that will prevent luggage handlers from damaging your blades. 1/2" CC foam all around. Not any help for flight delays, but at least your gear will arrive (hopefully in an efficient time) unharmed. Call or email Kiri 927-7989 info@kiricovers.com

#6 Wed, 09/08/2010 - 8:36pm

GO.MOKULELE.ISLANDAIR. theyre all connected to eachother and im assuming GO is the owner. as of now, they all have cheap airfares for molokai. 66 dollar flights. now i wonder how many will they oversell. I myself will probably regret this as i bought a ticket. 20mins ago

#7 Wed, 09/08/2010 - 10:37pm

Island Air is owned by Go!/Mokulele now?

Yup, I've had nothing but bad experiences from Go! And I don't think they have the livery to support all the flights they sell. I don't fly them anymore if I don't have to.

#8 Thu, 09/09/2010 - 6:36am

New FAA certified On Demand Charter company run by a Paddleboarder. (PARAGON AIR) -not the former Maui operator Paragon Air.

IF anyone wants to inquire about a Safe, affordable way to Molokai for the Race please contact Paragon Air.

Pilot and Operator (same person) is very aware of how important piece of mind is before such a big race.

We will take fully wrapped paddles (by us or you) on a seperate flight and stored in a holding area at Molokai airport. When you land you will retrieve your paddle and you are on your way.

We operate a 7 seat twin engine airplane with helicopter type view. Unlike any aircraft in Hawaii. We can take a look at the course on the way over.

We are "On Demand" Non- scheduled carrier.

Price: $69.00 not including tax. (includes paddle transport)

Best if groups of 5 are booked at same time and you name the Time you would like to leave. We leave when you want to leave.

Please mention you are doing the Molokai Hoe 2010 Paddling race when calling or e-mailing.

Mahalo, and good luck in your last month of prep. Lets all pray for Following seas and great conditions.
Good luck everyone.

Inquire at: 808-754-2727

Panda1578@gmail.com

#9 Sat, 09/11/2010 - 12:13pm

CHECK OUT THIS WEBSITE. I HAD A PROBLEM WITH GO! AND CALLED THE FAA AND GOT AN IMMEDIATE REPONSE.

AVIATION CONSUMER PROTECTION AND ENFORCEMENT
U.S. DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION

http://airconsumer.dot.gov/publications/flyrights.htm

#10 Wed, 09/15/2010 - 9:34am

Wish I made this song up- but it was one of the non-disrespectful friends of mine.

Song Title - “Go – No Go”

Sung to the tune of “The Beverly Hillbillies” (generally) (Hum a few bars first to get started)

Gonna tell y’all a story ‘bout the airline Go

A bunch of mainlanders with lots of spare dough

Brought some planes over called Canadair

Wasn’t very long people pulling out their hair

Well the next thing you know they got planes in the air

The locals say “Wow twenty dollar fares”

Then all of a sudden were all waiting in a line

The Go-Folk say “Sorry try us next time”

But we gotta get to Kona gotta canoe race

The Go-Folk say” lets slow down this pace”

They said “Honolulu is the place you gotta stay”

So they cancelled that flight gotta fly the next day

So we grab up our bags and run next door

A last minute flight for eighty dollars more

Just when you think this can’t be the norm

The new flight time is 5 in the morn

Well we all get to Kona the nick of time

A real lesson learned just to save a dime

So this time next year let your money flow

Avoid all the stress and don’t fly GO

#11 Wed, 09/15/2010 - 12:01pm

healthy earth, hitting like button

#12 Wed, 09/15/2010 - 12:35pm

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.161 seconds.