Hawaii State High School Results?

Does anyone know where there are results from yesterdays Hawaii State High School races?

Submitted by h2oBraddah on Sat, 02/06/2010 - 4:41pm

kalaheo mix champs
Kamehameha kapalama boys champs
Pac five (upset of the century) girls champs

#1 Sat, 02/06/2010 - 4:49pm

story and finals results here:
http://hawaiipreps.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/20100206/SPORTS03/2060...

I said the same thing yesterday about the girl's race. Upset of the century (all 10 years of it so far).

hats off to the Kamehameha Boys. They were awesome... it almost looked like they never broke a sweat. Smooth, controlled, purposeful and powerful were all things I heard people saying on shore. Kalama Heine did a great job coaching an excellent group of athletes.

Kalaheo put together a beautiful win in the mixed division. They would have placed 5th in the boys final if you compare times!

I'm of course biased towards MPI. I have to say they did great coming in second. Especially for a team that only has 35 paddlers on it's JV and Varsity rosters combined! The little team that could.

Good job by the organizers of the regatta too. Everything ran smoothly, results came out amazingly fast, and the opening and awards ceremonies went well.

Hope to be there again next year.

#3 Sat, 02/06/2010 - 5:11pm

Hats off to all the young men and women who participated yesterday ! What an event ! Great competition from all crews and a big mahalo and aloha to the outer island crews for coming down.
Now for the gripe part. Please give this high school sport and also the sport of the state of Hawaii the respect it deserves, fortunately for the public schools and state workers they had the oppurtunity to watch this event without playing hooky. Unfotunately for parents and friends of ILH participants who could not support their respective schools," it was sad ! ". Please to the powers that be, make this event more spectator friendly and hold it on a "SATURDAY"! so that all friends,family and classmates can enjoy and cheer on these great and devoted young athletes who carry on the tradition of this great state. Aloha !

"Water Cures All" "Big Boys Kick and Glide"

#4 Sat, 02/06/2010 - 6:32pm

I reckon the kids would rather chew up a school day!!!!!!!!!

#5 Sat, 02/06/2010 - 6:49pm

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.418 seconds.