Hawaiki Nui Va'a 2010 Final Resutls

First - OPT
Second - Shell Va'a, even though their cumulative time was the fastest.

Team Hawaii came in a very respectable sixth.

Congratulations to all.

http://www.hawaikinuivaa.pf/classement-2010.html

Submitted by jerryguy on Fri, 11/12/2010 - 3:01pm

Can someone please explain how the points or time system work for the Hawiki Nui as the overall winner. The 1st leg, Shell won by 5-6 minutes over 2nd place. Day 2, Shell lost to first place by 15 seconds. Then day 3, Shell placed 3rd. 2 minutes back from first. Shell still has the best time, but were not the overall champions.

#1 Mon, 11/15/2010 - 9:22am

Overall finish is according to placing, not total time. 0 for first, 2 for second, 3 for third and so on....

Lowest POINT total for the three days of racing is the winner. Teams are awarded for having the most cosistant placings, not a one time ultra fast day. OPT won in the same manner last year.

#2 Mon, 11/15/2010 - 11:06am

Shell's time was actually a new record over the three days, not sure that's softens the blow of losing. Anyway you look at it Shell with their A and B crew's in the top 5 are amazing.

#3 Mon, 11/15/2010 - 11:26am

k

teams also get penalised on points and on time. if a commisaire (official observer) sees for example, a crew member without a t-shirt they get 3 points added. paddling connection got time disqualification for going inside buoy. i am not sure teh rules for deciding what is a points versus time penalty. but i do know that if all teams are equal on points on the last day the winner is selected by fastest time.

#4 Mon, 11/15/2010 - 12:18pm

After looking at all of the websites and pictures, I have a couple of questions.

1) What did Team Hawaii think of their new canoe? I have to say the Ah min canoes have really performed

2) What was the injury to Team Hawaii paddler on day 2?

3) What a great chess match between the top team OPT, Shell, Paddling Connection

#5 Fri, 11/19/2010 - 5:52am

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.220 seconds.