I won a Outrigger Sailing Canoe and have no idea how to sail it or its value, need your advice

Hi yall, I won a nice Outrigger Sailing Canoe in a $5 dollar charity raffle. I was told for the longest time it was a catamaran, in other words I am completely new to all of this. Seeing how I have no idea how to sail it, I was hoping for advice. I am also curious as to how much one of these is worth. I would prefer to keep it and sail it if I can manage, so your tips and help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Bert

Submitted by bertoM on Sun, 04/04/2010 - 10:54am

Funny post in a way - where do you live - in Utah ? :)

OC 4 or OC 6 ?

You should probably contact the outrigger club most convenient for you to reach and offer the boat to the club to be used. Then join as often as you can. After a few years you may have learned enough about the sport to steer the boat yourself.

#1 Sun, 04/04/2010 - 11:00pm

sounds to me like you probably won one of those Hobie kayak/ sailing/ catamaran/outrigger things that you can also peddle to make it go.

#2 Mon, 04/05/2010 - 1:56am

Where do you live? What raffle? I want to enter the next one!!!!! True Hawaiian Outrugger Sailing Canoes go for $15,000-40,000!!!! I am absolutely AMAZED that someone donated one! If you live in Oahu, we will teach you want to know, or just take it off your hands :)
If you need canvas or trampolines: http://www.hawaiiancanoecanvas.com

#3 Wed, 04/07/2010 - 9:07am

Take a picture of the sailing canoe and send it to us. terry@oceanpaddler.tv I have a feeling you may have a holopuni. Let me know where you live and maybe I can help you find a captain who can teach you how to sail it.
Terry
Hawaiian sailing canoe assoc.

#4 Wed, 04/07/2010 - 11:26am

I want to win a sailing canoe :)

#5 Thu, 04/08/2010 - 2:09pm

So this sailing canoe costed you 5$... would you sell it for 10$ ?

#6 Thu, 04/08/2010 - 9:15pm

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.190 seconds.