Just moved to Mobile, AL trying to find some people to paddle with!

Well the title says it all. Just moved here to Mobile, AL from Port Angeles, WA. Haven't paddled here yet, the oil spill is really bumming me out. Heard there are some people in the Pensacola area possibly.

Submitted by novakaine on Sat, 07/24/2010 - 1:44pm

I live in SoCal but also have a home in Pensacola (Gulf Breeze), I go there 2-3 times a year and paddle my Hurricane every time. People look at me and scratch their heads, I don't think they've ever seen one before last year. I can let you know when I head out there if you want to paddle sometime,
Zumapop

#1 Sat, 07/24/2010 - 5:05pm

Yeah man, that's what I figured. Looks like I'm gonna have to do alot of driving for the occasional race. Definitely hit me up when you roll out here, It'd be great to paddle with someone that is familiar with the area.

Greg

#2 Sun, 07/25/2010 - 5:40am

Hey Greg,

I think we in the Houston area may be the closest to you, unless you head down to south Florida. We have a number of events going on throughout most of the year. You can check us out at www.hokulele.org. Contact us if you come this way.

Tom

#3 Sun, 07/25/2010 - 6:19am

Sounds great Tom, I saw there are a few races near Clearwater. But it's the same distance to you guys. I'm gonna be in Houston for a couple weeks for work in October. May not be able to bring my canoe though. Hopefully I can drag it along and get in on some practices or even a race if it all lines up. Thanks!!!

Greg

#4 Sun, 07/25/2010 - 9:51am

I live in gulfcoast area(niceville,fl) and there is a group that has SUP, paddle board and the occasional OC-1 races. I have only met one other person here in the area that paddles a OC-1. They have a facebook page with all the races and events around this area. The link is: http://www.facebook.com/#!/watermangulfcoast?ref=ts

Hope this helps.

#5 Sun, 07/25/2010 - 11:51am

Hey Greg,

No worries, when you come, we have extra canoes so let us know, if you send along and email, I will send along a schedule of events through November.

#6 Mon, 07/26/2010 - 6:27am

Tom, i'll definitely be getting a hold of you when I know exact dates when I will be in Houston. Galaide, thanks for the link!! Got in touch with cory who runs their FB page, and looks like I have some locals to paddle with !!

#7 Tue, 07/27/2010 - 3:11pm

Here is a link to a club in Clearwater Florida. http://clearwatercanoeclub.com/ The next big race weekend, which the Texas folks have been to and a team from NY ussually attends, is the end of October. One day is 6 man the other 1 man.

#8 Wed, 07/28/2010 - 12:04pm

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.180 seconds.