King of the Coast 2010 - Video

A Moffat's Run is always a lot of fun, i've done hundreds of them. Yes this is my home run and the King of the Coast race took this route. Just under 200 Skis and Outriggers raced off in this years event with many close finishes.

Enjoy, Rambo
http://rambos-locker.blogspot.com/2010/11/king-of-coast-2010.html

Submitted by Rambo on Tue, 11/02/2010 - 2:02am

Eh Rambo,

Where ya been : )

Thanks for putting this one up !

aloha,
pog

#1 Tue, 11/02/2010 - 2:47am

Been done the 'Hoe and gone home again.

R

#2 Tue, 11/02/2010 - 2:51am

Rambo,
Where are the canoes? And their finish? Did any V-1s race?

#3 Tue, 11/02/2010 - 9:21am

No V1's racing in OZ yet that i know of Koa, but l believe they are planning races for them, steep learning curve.

All - in racing is getting popular in OZ with Skis, outriggers, SUPs and paddleboards all racing together, hard for one camera to cover it all. A lot of the outrigger paddlers chose to paddle ski on the day. As you would have seen at the end, Todd Cohen 1st, Travis Grant 2nd on outriggers.

This race was part of a series called Australian Ocean Racing Series (AORS) set up by Dean Gardiner, i guess it's similar to what you have in Hawaii with the Choose your Weapon Races.
R

#4 Tue, 11/02/2010 - 10:27am

Rambo, Nice vid, real nice and exciting material to watch. I don’t know much about skis but they look to be untrimmed or sagging toward the rear. It almost looks as if the ski would be faster if the nose were down a bit. Any thoughts? Marara

#5 Tue, 11/02/2010 - 1:20pm

koacanoe, Rambo is employed to cover ski's in these races, it's a bonus that he can slip some outrigger footage in their for us but ultimately he has to look after the sponsors. The price of going over to the dark side:0)---{

#6 Fri, 11/05/2010 - 9:02pm

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.182 seconds.