From Kona to Kauai

So im moving from Kona to Kauai in 3 weeks. I spent the last 36 hours there which were my first ever. The paddling community there is amazing. I have to thank Tom and Mary Bartlett for their incredible hospitality. Also got to paddle the last 2 legs of the Kauai World Challenge course and now I can't wait to do that race in May. Way less expensive than any channel crossing and plenty of open ocean water. Its literally like an island designed for 1 man paddling. Any way, just wanted to say thank you to all the great people I met today and Friday and im gonna miss all of the incredible paddlers in Kona who introduced me to this life changing sport/lifestyle.

Submitted by jpi92109 on Sat, 03/27/2010 - 9:12pm

Whoa ... Job or life change ???

Take it easy and hope you are still around here.

aloha,
pog

#1 Sun, 03/28/2010 - 5:39pm

Moving for work but the paddling is playing a big part. Im stoked to be able to get in the wind nearly everyday instead of having to pray for it. The ocean is no joke anywhere but it seems to be at a higher level there so im excited about it. Got a little taste friday and saturday but the conditions were mild, for Kauai anyway.

#2 Sun, 03/28/2010 - 6:02pm

John ... enjoyed your good spirit here in Kona and wish you the best over there .. I am sure we can expect you to come over and paddle a race or two with old friends next year ... good luck with the new chapter of your life ....

#3 Mon, 03/29/2010 - 4:55pm

Right on Vytas, thank you! And I hope you don't think you can get rid of me that easy?? I dont go for a few weeks so I will see you for sure.

#4 Mon, 03/29/2010 - 5:06pm

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.278 seconds.