New business- Makai Pier and Hawaii Kai Shuttle

I feel that most business do not not like to promote themselves here on the forum. So.....I'll do it for a business that I think we can all benefit from. I saw today that there is a shuttle that will pick people up at Kaimana beach and take them to HK and/or Makai pier. I think this is a great service for those of us that have regular jobs and can't take 4 hours out of their day to do open ocean runs. This is good for the sport. The more businesses that can provide a profitable and valuable service to the sport the better we are and the sport is. I will definitely be using this service and I hope a substantial amount of people will use and support this service. I don't know many details about it but I do know how you can contact them. They have a facebook page and an email address that you need to email them to get the schedule.

Oceanplayground@gmail.com
741-6379 is the number on the side of the vehicle I saw.

Not sure quite yet how to find them on facebook but here is what I know. Type in denise ocean playground. That didn't work for me,but that is what I was told to type in to friend them.

Hope you all find this useful.

Submitted by healthyearth on Fri, 11/05/2010 - 10:31pm

if you factor in the cost of gas it's pretty worth it.

kudos to Denise for doing this. i think people may have talked about the idea but never had the guts to take the leap. if i ever start paddling again from this baby break i'm sure i'll jump on a couple times when the winds are smoking.

#1 Sat, 11/06/2010 - 3:29pm

Yeah...heard earlier about it and saw the shuttle today. First rate. I have a few friends that want to go down on a twice a week basis but are tired of the parking situation at Kaimana...especially in the afternoons. Logistics have always been a hassle. I hope Denise can get a site where the schedules will be listed so we can plan ahead. I know she needs to fill a shuttle to make the trips worthwhile. In any case a great thing to support plus us shuttlers will leave some parking spaces for the nonshuttlers.

#2 Sat, 11/06/2010 - 4:57pm

HI All,
Thank you for the above mentioned support.
Mahalo to those who have assited in this endeavor of getting Ocean Playground Shuttle off the ground. Darrin Orr (trailer), Les Look (refurbished ama box), Carleen Ornellas, Jim Foti, Reney Ching, Sue Erickson, Lisa Chang, Tayte Brock, Kehau Lau (letters of support to PUC), Nalani Olds, Likeke & son James(blessing of the shuttle), Tee Felgate and Margie Kawaiea for encouraging me to do this. Kelly Moore from Moore Water Time on Maui for leading me through the process of PUC permitting, insurance...and of course my family (Kainoa, Makana and Earle) for putting up with me.
If you email oceanplaygroundshuttle@gmail.com I can include you on my "paddler list" and you can receive the schedule, also on Facebook denise ocean playground shuttle.
Please note: I am new at texting and Facebook so I apologize if you are not able to receive the schedule. Text # 741-6379, I will only reply if the shuttle is full. Holds 14, can hold 16 if using roof racks on van.
$10 p/ride or $100 punchcard for 12 rides.
Sunday morning 11/7, shuttle arrives at 7:35, departs promptly at 8am.
Tentative Monday morning 11/8 departure 9:30 am. & 3:45 pm.
If no wind OPS no go. Unless you want to do a backwards run??? Different perspective.
Shuttle leaves on time, so plan your "finding parking time and loading of water craft time."

Much Thanks, Ocean Playground Shuttle

/oceanplaygroundshuttle@gmail.com

#3 Sat, 11/06/2010 - 9:19pm

is the shuttle still in service ?

#4 Tue, 08/09/2011 - 10:44pm

maybe some missed service days due the recent races but as far as I know....still up and running,. email at the address listed in Denise's post to get the daily schedule.

#5 Wed, 08/10/2011 - 7:52am

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.169 seconds.