Newbie - Looking for paddling buddy in San Diego area

Just purchased an OC-1, brand new to the sport and have an open schedule.

Submitted by Vids on Sat, 04/10/2010 - 6:22am

Go down to the Bahia Hotel Beach Sat / Sun around 8 and I think Tuesday or Wed about 5:00.

Have fun.
aloha,
pog

#1 Sat, 04/10/2010 - 9:46am

Vids, there is a an OC1 storage facility at Santa Clara Point. Most days and times you can bump into someone heading out of there on OC1/OC2. Onno is right, the surfski guys and a handful of the silverback OC1 guys still launch at the Bahia after work most evenings and early mornings. There's less of a volume now that SoCal OC6 practices are in swing, but you should have no trouble hooking up with paddlers on Mission Bay. PM me and I can introduce you to a few guys. Welcome.

#2 Sat, 04/10/2010 - 3:21pm

Six,

Thanks for the update on that stuff ... A little out of the loop now for S.D. ... Are the canoes on the North Side ?

Worked @ MBSC a few years and even built 6, 14' sloops from my own molds for them one summer .... way back when..

aloha,
pog

#3 Sun, 04/11/2010 - 12:24am

Onno,
Yeah, MBSC cleared out the Northeastern most room of the building, installed a roll-top door, and turned it into an indoor storage unit for OC's & surfskis with the help of Hanohano OCC who built the racks. The Hanohano OC6s are still stored outside that part of the building.
It was touch and go at first, but MBSC was finally able to pen another lease with the city and should now be there for another 30 years.

#4 Sun, 04/11/2010 - 5:27am

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.168 seconds.