OC2 Question

I'm looking at purchasing an OC2 in the near future, looking primarily at the Huki V2-X and the Stingray Two. The boat would serve double duty as a flat-water racer and a recreational boat for my wife and I (so I can push myself in race practice while she paddles at a more relaxing pace and we'll stay together :-) ). Any opinions about these boats? I'm located in the Midwest USA, so other than an occasional trip to the Great Lakes or the ocean in North Carolina, the boat isn't likely to see a lot of surf.

Thanks!

Submitted by red_pepper on Fri, 09/03/2010 - 7:53am

Honestly for the type of water you are talking about the Huki V2-X is the best option plus the shipping is minimal because it is coming from California rather then Hawaii.
Huki is more of a flat water boat and this years Molokai Relay was flat and it came in first over all.

I have owned the Waveblade OC2, Stingray OC2 and Tempest OC2 which are bigger volume boats for rougher open ocean conditions. If you are going to be paddling your wife around I would recommend a lower volume boat...

Happy Paddling...

#1 Fri, 09/03/2010 - 8:21am

Thanks for the information. The Stingray OC2 is of interest because a dealer in Minnesota has one in stock (at $3975 - not sure if that's a good price, though), but so far I think I like the Huki better overall (from what i've read). One big plus for me is it can be set up for paddling with a kayak paddle (I race a kayak and surf ski with the USCA, so I would like that option). I'm not sure the Stingray would accommodate a double bladed paddle.

#2 Fri, 09/03/2010 - 11:03am

which is the better of the waveblade stingray and tempest? heard tempest is going for 3600 any opinions?

#3 Mon, 10/25/2010 - 7:19pm

RP,

Stick with the HUKI in this case and you will be on the fastest OC-2 for your waters.

All of Judes boats have a fantastic reputation for being fast and well made. You also get to deal directly with the person who is making them.

aloha,
pog

#4 Mon, 10/25/2010 - 9:02pm

I'm a very happy owner of the stingray oc2, but mostly for how it perfoms in big water. For paddling in the midwest and wanting the surfski option, a Huki is probably the better call.

#5 Wed, 10/27/2010 - 11:34am

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.180 seconds.