ONNO lever lock

Does the ONNO lever lock fit unto all paddle shafts; can it be acquired as a component ?

Submitted by eckhart diestel on Thu, 06/03/2010 - 9:29pm

The guy who makes the lever lock is on the east coast of the USA, I think. Thought it was called the Yak lok, but didn't find it when I googled yak lok. The one out now that Onno uses is like 3rd or 4th generation from the guy and it obviously works really well. Does it fit all paddle shafts? I don't know, but there's probably a standard size. Turbo paddles also offers them with their kayak paddles.

#1 Fri, 06/04/2010 - 7:28am

The lock is machined to fit OD of specific shaft along with tolerances to the .0001th for the ferule. NOT a one size fits all part.The older parts were a few grams lighter but new ones are even stronger. I have built up a couple adjustable length 46 - 53" paddles with them along with a couple( R&D) Break down SUP paddles that can double for OC. They are by far the best lock out there.
Eckhart why ask this question here in liu of contacting me direct ?
aloha,
pog

#2 Fri, 06/04/2010 - 8:28am

@pog- public question because of public interest.

It is a very good lock as far as I can judge.

I read that someone sells Jantex paddles with that lock. As I own a Jantex paddle I would like to refit it with this lock; others might feel safer with this lock as well.
After all, who wants to readjust a paddle with a coin while rounding Makapu'u ?

#3 Fri, 06/04/2010 - 11:17am

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.180 seconds.