Osprey Feedback

Osprey Feedback

I would like to hear from some Osprey paddler's on there take of the boat. How does it work in the flat and medium condition's.Does it maneuver quicker on the bumps compared to my Zephyr and is the low volume good for a 6'-175lb person- it seems comparable to my old Hurricane in size. I am unable to demo this boat in California at the present.
Thanks for any feedback.
Sray

Submitted by sray on Fri, 04/23/2010 - 7:44pm

You may want to call Karel Jr. directly at the Outrigger Connection shop in Kailua. He paddles both models.

#1 Fri, 04/23/2010 - 9:28pm

Not too many ,, if any of these out on the east coast yet ,, from what Ive read about the Osprey , seems it might go a bit better than a Fuze in the flats with an under 180 paddler.. I know you people dont paddle the flats much but , most everyone else who lives in an area without trade winds does. Hope one of these shows up out here one of these days....

#2 Sat, 04/24/2010 - 7:58am

I suck, but-I am 6' and 170, have some miles on Hurricane and Zephyr and would buy an Osprey if I had more time to paddle (or more cash lying around). I only tried it a few times, and never in big conditions-but in ordinary stuff it was really nimble and easy to fly. Based on the narrow bow, I was afraid that it would pearl, but it seemed to come up alright. No real help, I know.

#3 Sat, 04/24/2010 - 11:04pm

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.289 seconds.