Outrigger Canoe Trailer

I'm from a small club in Southern California, and we are looking to have a three canoe (OC6) trailer built. Can anyone recommend a fabricator, or offer cost estimates from their experience?

Thanks in advance.

Submitted by kaduku on Wed, 02/10/2010 - 4:59pm

Check out www.spectrumtrailershawaii.com. They are the ones who build them on Oahu. Good Luck.

#1 Thu, 02/11/2010 - 3:39am

Check out Island Boat Service in Lake Havasu, AZ. 928 453-3260. They built me a very cool three canoe trailer a couple of years ago. Trailer is now owned by Hanohano. Price was about $4,500. pm me if you have any questions.

#2 Thu, 02/11/2010 - 1:28pm

If you would consider hauling all three on a truck then check out the boat loader 310 from tdipowerrack.com.
The one I have could certainely haul what you need.

#3 Thu, 05/13/2010 - 12:19pm

That truck rack could not haul three OC6s in California legally. I believe California law allows for a maximum of 3 feet overhang past the front bumper, and 2/3rds the wheelbase of carrying vehicle, overhang past the last point of support at rear (or maybe the wording is "attachment"?). A 40 plus foot canoe would not fit within those guidelines.

#4 Fri, 05/14/2010 - 2:08pm

You could always google something like ..

El Cajon Boat Trailers ...And get a couple places that do great custom work.

#5 Fri, 05/14/2010 - 3:40pm

I thought I would post an update.

Our club found a vendor in East County, and recently used the trailer they fabricated for us for the first time at this weekend's race in Santa Barbara. Initial feedback from the driver was good, but we still have some concerns on the design (e.g. wood/carpet used for the bunks, flexing of the front section of the trailer leading up to the tongue).

Thanks to all for the feedback.

#6 Mon, 05/17/2010 - 11:47am

I think the biggest concern you should have is to make sure the trailer certified to be roadworthy for what it is being used for. Especially if your club has a volunteer driver. If it does not meet Gov. specs for hauling the driver an others may be held liable for any mishap or damages. Unfortunately it has happened and outcomes can be tragic.

#7 Wed, 05/19/2010 - 8:26am

or convert your Mirage into a folding one with hinge

#8 Wed, 05/19/2010 - 2:34pm

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.210 seconds.