Outrigger Connection's East Coast Rep?

Anyone have contact information for Outrigger Connection's East Coast rep? I believe it is Chris O'Kieffe but the OC website is down.

Submitted by YankeeHookele on Tue, 10/19/2010 - 4:27am

Not sure if this is the same one, but here ya go.
http://www.easternoutrigger.blogspot.com/

#1 Tue, 10/19/2010 - 4:58am

semdoug: Isn't that fuzerider's site? Is he back in business again. Can't figure out the east coast preference for surfskis instead of oc-1s. For almost the same price, you get more boat for the buck with an oc-1. I always assumed there were more single blade paddlers there instead of double blades? You'd think all those marathon river paddlers would wise up and follow fuzerider's lead, and paddle outrigger?

#2 Tue, 10/19/2010 - 8:36am

I think Fusey's paddling surf ski these days too! Hasn't re-launched the business as far as I know. Yankee, go to Ocean Ohana website. If you look around, you'll find Chris's number. I'm not sure how much he's in the business these days, but I see him at races every now and then with canoes, paddles, etc. He's a good guy to deal with. I'm stickin w/ OC1.

#3 Tue, 10/19/2010 - 10:16am

Seems like on the East coast with it's flat water and no big down wind swells to surf, a surf ski will be faster in
paddling races than an oc-1. Even with a flatter rocker for the East coast on a canoe, I don't think a single paddle along with the drag of an Ama on an Oc-1 will ever compete with a surf ski. In the Blackburn challenge, first place over all usually goes to a 2 person sliding seat scull. Although I see it has been taken a couple times by an 6 man outrigger canoe, I assume on years when there was enough weather for the canoe to make up for lost time going down wind.

#4 Tue, 10/19/2010 - 10:58am

I see there is some east coast inventory listed on Ocean Ohana's website. Not sure about easternoutrigger (fuserider) and how up to date the site is.

#5 Wed, 10/20/2010 - 8:27am

I am just about out of inventory, I have 2 Zephyrs in stock, when they are gone, that is it. 2900.00 They are located in Annapolis Maryland. One is pending sale, I may keep the other for myself. Fuzerider also has a couple boats left I think, Fuze' and Fusions maybe.

#6 Wed, 10/20/2010 - 9:25am

As long as I have boats in stock , Ill consider myself still in the business. Right now I have Fuze and Fusion OC1s ready to paddle,,, both new and lightly used.. Once they are gone I`m done too .

http://www.easternoutrigger.blogspot.com/

#7 Thu, 10/21/2010 - 6:42am

I have few Zephirs and Ospreys in California of you are interested

-george
canoes@revfour.com

#8 Thu, 10/21/2010 - 7:27am

revfour,

It's spelled "Zephyr"

#9 Thu, 10/21/2010 - 9:13am

You're done? Ah! Come on fuzerider, only last year I saw someone paddling a Naia Iki near Acadia National Park. I was surprised and nearly drove off the road. Maine should be OC-1 country and not surfskis. I understand the first wahine to win the Molokai in an OC-1 lives there now? Maine is perfect for OC-1s.

#10 Thu, 10/21/2010 - 3:03pm

you know what they say

you can take the boy out of the canoe but

you cant take the canoe out of the boy.

#11 Thu, 10/21/2010 - 5:02pm

You are correct koacanoe ,,, OC1 s are perfect for Maine waters or ANY waters. I could easily sell a few boats here , thats for sure . Id be happy to do it too for a a manufacturer who builds in the United States. I will NEVER deal with ANYONE who has manufacturing done in China again.

#12 Fri, 10/22/2010 - 1:48am

Hiu Fuze ... Nice to hear from you !

So... What are you REALLY saying ??? LOL.

Did you ever talk with Jude ?

Hope all is well with you guys out there.
aloha,
pog

#13 Fri, 10/22/2010 - 8:48am

All `s well here onnopaddle , I still have yer prototype , adjustable paddle ; works real nice for fitting new paddlers to the correct size !! let me know when you want it back..... I talked to Jude last year out in San Francisco ,,, had a nice visit...

Hope all is well in Hilo for you and your people.....

#14 Fri, 10/22/2010 - 12:35pm

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.199 seconds.