Paddling Machine

I saw that Jimmy and Manny did very well this past weekend on Maui, about 30 seconds between them two and a six minute gap for third place and then go and win the Oahu relay together today. Unreal!!

BTW... what was the conditions like on Maui for a race to be 2 hours and 30+ minutes for the winning time?

Submitted by anykine on Sun, 03/28/2010 - 9:51pm

#1 Mon, 03/29/2010 - 2:12am

More like Paddling Monsters.

Definitely going to be the top winners for the Molokai Solo and Relay (if paired again) this year.

May also be the year the Pueo takes the first Molokai win.

#2 Mon, 03/29/2010 - 12:24pm

If anyone trained like Jimmy is doing, they'd do well. Hats off to Jimmy who has the time and committment to train- it ain't easy. Just like with Karel Jr and Kai, it ain't the canoe - it is the paddler. They could paddle anything in their prime and win. It may well be Jimmy's turn this year. Might be a dark horse if pat Dolan shows up or Aaron N. doesn't eat too much SPAM before the race! NAppy once said, "if someone wants it bad enough and trains hard they can win" and Jimmy and Manny are paying their dues.

#3 Mon, 03/29/2010 - 1:13pm

Dolan Brothers on Scorp XM.....
Manny and Jimmy Boy on Pueo....

Great match up. Don't think Mike J. and Kai will be going this year.

JawsOut.

#4 Tue, 03/30/2010 - 1:40pm

It's the paddler and the canoe. They would not win on a boat that does not fit.
It is rather that most canoes are built for average size and height, so they all fit.

The Molokai Solo is won by Karel, possibly by Kai. Why should this year be different.

What sets them apart seems to be their surfing ability, going faster than others with less effort.

Both have a boat customized to their size, style and preferences, by the way. That adds to their advantage.

I find it interesting that very few paddlers won the surfski Molokai, too.

Quite exiting this year.

#5 Tue, 03/30/2010 - 9:57pm

Hey Eck....one of the main reasons why I say Mike and Kai probably not going be teaming this year is that Mike is hurt, but also, Kai has been showing up at races on Maui in a surfski. He is kicking it in the surfski. So, don't be surprised if he shows up in a ski for this year's surfski solo. That would be the only thing left for him to conquer. He won in 6 man, OC-1 team, OC-1 solo, stand up last year, so I bet the ski would be his next venture. What if he and Lauren showed up in a 2-man?? Oh boy....

JawsOut.

#6 Wed, 03/31/2010 - 9:26am

Ho Rachet - me surfski too ::) - with occasional OC 1

#7 Wed, 03/31/2010 - 1:08pm

It's too windy for me to be out on a tippy surfski, but just going up and down the Ala Wai, I find that my legs tire out quicker than the upper body when paddling a ski. Anyway, just curious what kind of surfski is Kai paddling? Is it one he personally designed and made?

#8 Wed, 03/31/2010 - 5:09pm

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.192 seconds.