Pegasus compartment

I have been looking at pics of the Pegasus online and am wondering what the compartment is that's in front of the footwell. The compartment under the tiedowns. Is this storage? I'm finally going to paddle one of these next week which will be my first OC-1 experience. Psyched to see how my SUP time translates on the OC.

Submitted by ericspin on Tue, 12/28/2010 - 10:34am

There is no storage compartment under the tiedowns that opens up on a stock Pegasus. On some of the pictures (that I've seen), it looks like some people have attached/glued a thin sheet of foam under the tiedown bungy cord. Probably to help keep whatever they put there from sliding down the "bare" hull or from damaging the hull. They probably got the idea from here or from seeing the foam padding under the bungy cord system on a Hurricane OC-1. I've seen the foam sheet on the Scorpius/Scorpius XM as well so it might be an available option that Kai Wa'a have.

I know I've thought about doing that before when my water bottle slid out of the front bungy system while catching some waves when I first got my Fusion. Didn't really like the idea though. After that, I've put a bungy cord system in my foam seat which I've seen done on other OC canoe seats.

#1 Tue, 12/28/2010 - 11:57am

They come like that.

#2 Tue, 12/28/2010 - 4:23pm

Thanks for the info. I am on the front end of the learning curve with everything OC. Guess asking questions like this and getting some much needed seat time on the water is the only way to move along the curve, eh?

#3 Wed, 12/29/2010 - 12:55am

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.173 seconds.