Prayers out to Coach Al Streck

Prayers out to fellow paddler and great friend, Coach Al Streck, who is in critical condition as result of a tragic moped accident. Let's all pray for a miracle.

Submitted by PohnSei on Sat, 10/30/2010 - 3:26am

I know how horrible a moped accident can be. Best of luck to Al and his family during this time. I'll definitely be keeping you all in my thoughts.

#1 Sat, 10/30/2010 - 8:37am

R.I.P coach Al. Know that u r a positive influence in my life. Ur love for the water, ur paddlers and most importantly ur family is what I WILL always remember you for! U have left us oh to soon and this world will be a little sadder without u. God bless his family!

#2 Sat, 10/30/2010 - 12:32pm

Sad day in the paddling community. God bless you coach. Prayers to your family and friends.

#3 Sat, 10/30/2010 - 1:29pm

I just found out about the very sad passing of an awesome man, husband, father, paddler and friend. It is a shock, to say the least.....although I had the pleasure of paddling with Healani for just one season so far, Al stood out as always being helpful and super friendly. He will be missed by all that he has had contact with in the past. Prayers to all and especially his family........

#4 Sat, 10/30/2010 - 2:10pm

Al had an amazing impact on my life he taught me so much more than just how to paddle. He will be missed. . .

#5 Sat, 10/30/2010 - 2:33pm

Hawaii has lost one of the brightest stars in our sky. Please remember and support C and K. We will never be the same, just better for your being been our friend and advisor. Mahalo and Aloha..
Steve

#6 Sat, 10/30/2010 - 3:28pm

I just found out about the very, very sad passing of an awesome man, husband, father, paddler and friend. I'm in disbelief..... I had the pleasure of working with Al as a Beach Boy in front of the Hilton Hawaiian Village for many years in the 80's. I just saw Al at the USC- Hawaii game, and he dropped in all the time to see me at Storto's Deli Honolulu.. Al will be missed dearly by everyone he knew. I'm so very sad. Prayers to all and especially his family.

Jamie DeMatoff

#7 Sat, 10/30/2010 - 3:59pm

I only recently started to get to know Al and am sad that our friendship didn't get a chance to grow deeper. I had the pleasure of having his fiancee in my crew this past season and I can't imagine how hard this must be for her right now. Like others, I am in disbelief. My heart is breaking for Al's family. This tragedy is another reminder of how quickly our lives can be turned upside down. It makes me want to shout to the world all the things I am thankful for and give my love and aloha to everyone around me. I am grateful to be a part of a paddling community that will come together to help one of their own.

#8 Sat, 10/30/2010 - 5:00pm

rest peacefully AL. great guy. always happy and trying to help. please let know if you hear anything about his services. thanks

#9 Sat, 10/30/2010 - 9:57pm

Al remember you bradda al with that smile and joking laugh. You are missed greatly. Thoughts and prayers to al's family.peace

#10 Sat, 10/30/2010 - 10:14pm

To Coach Al
How a simple conversation and hand shake just the other day means so much now. So sudden and unexpected.
Tomorrow's PA'A race is for you and the passion you shared for the sport.
God Bless you and your ohana. Rest in Peace~

#11 Sat, 10/30/2010 - 10:41pm

Aloha oe Al...until we meet again.

#12 Sat, 10/30/2010 - 10:58pm

Coach Al. You were my Nov B coach and made that year the best ever. You always had a smile on your face and a kind word. It was cool seeing you at the football games too. Every year you would come by our tailgate to say what's up. Last I saw you was at the Queen Liliuokalani race, sucks we never had a proper good bye. Your commitment to paddling was awesome. You will truly be missed.

#13 Mon, 11/01/2010 - 9:36am

Please let me know about the services. Mahalo Nui Loa.

#14 Mon, 11/01/2010 - 3:04pm

Services for Coach Al is gonna be at Magic Island Nov. 7 1pm-4pm with the spreading of his ashes at 4pm.

#15 Tue, 11/02/2010 - 7:44am

For those who want to share pictures and memories forever...Facebook has a group, "Al Streck We're sad and we miss you". Please join and share. WE LOVE YOU AL !!!!

#16 Tue, 11/02/2010 - 10:00am

Keeping my friends updated with the passing of my best friend Al Streck ... Services will be held at Magic Island this Sunday on Oahu. Times are from 1:00 to 4:00 PM

Aloha ?Oe Al

#17 Tue, 11/02/2010 - 2:11pm

I never knew Al but my condolences to his friends and family.

#18 Wed, 11/03/2010 - 2:21pm

I met Al on Molokai prior to my first solo in 2009. He didn't know me from Adam, but gave me enthusiastic assurances that I'd do great out there. Al's spirit and positive energy is what is great about paddling. I'll be sure to take a moment to think of him Sunday, wish I could be at the services.

#19 Wed, 11/03/2010 - 4:59pm

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.215 seconds.