Save the date - May 15-16 2010 - Olukai will be helping with the costs of shipping canoes and stand-up boards

I have confirmed with Olukai, they are planning on helping with the costs to ship your OC-1 and SUP from Oahu to Maui. I will post more information as I get it. Once again Ocean Paddler TV will be there!

Save the Date: OluKai’s Ho’olaule’a Ocean Festival Returns
May 15 and 16 a celebration ocean culture comes to Kanaha Beach Park, Maui
January 21, 2010, Maui, HI – OluKai’s Ho’olaule’a, a celebration of the ocean and the cultures that surround it, returns on May 15th and 16th to the Lae ‘Ula O Kai Canoe Club at Kanaha Beach Park, Maui. The second annual Ho’olaule’a pays tribute to the ocean lifestyle through competition, tradition, family and giving back to the community.

“The Ho’olaule’a draws inspiration from the many passionate people doing their part to preserve and embody the Hawaiian culture,” says Kerry Konrady, Marketing Director at OluKai. “The collective spirits of everyone participating in the event is what makes it special. It feels like an extra large family reunion.”

Elite watermen, waterwomen, and enthusiasts will have the opportunity to paddle race the famous Maliko “downwinder” on Maui’s North shore, an eight-mile stretch from Maliko Gulch to the Canoe Club at Kanaha Beach. A $15,000 prize purse will be shared equally between the men’s and women’s division of each racing discipline. Both the OC1, one-man canoe, and standup paddle races will run along the Maliko “downwinder” throughout the festival weekend.
Beyond the paddle races, free, fun activities will celebrate the spirit and traditions of Island culture. Everyone is invited to join in ancient Hawaiian games hosted by Maui Cultural Lands. The 2009 HSCA Champions “Team OluKai” will be offering sailing canoe rides in their renowned vessel Kamakakoa throughout the weekend.

Saturday evening the celebration continues with a traditional Hawaiian luau, hula performance and live music. The luau dinner with live entertainment is $10 for adults or included with race entry fee.

Part of the proceeds from the OluKai Ho’olaule’a Ocean Festival go to the OluKai ‘Ohana Giveback Program. Beneficiaries include Maui Cultural Lands and the Hawaiian Lifeguard Association’s Junior Lifeguard Program. These organizations will be presented with donations at a special ceremony concluding the weekend festivities on Sunday evening.

#

About OluKai:
Founded in 2005, OluKai was conceived from a desire for a premium ocean lifestyle brand with a distinctively different point of view and deep values. We are committed to building a unique and better class of products that blend ocean heritage with modern performance.

Submitted by Kanu37 on Thu, 01/28/2010 - 11:22am

Any help for Kauai paddlers who may want to participate in event?

#1 Thu, 01/28/2010 - 3:09pm

Aloha Aaron, If you email me at the office Terry@oceanpaddler.tv I will add you to my email list and as I get info. I will update!! This event is awesome!
A hui hou,
Terry

#2 Fri, 01/29/2010 - 1:00pm

Mahalo Terry

#3 Fri, 01/29/2010 - 3:05pm

I wanted to let every know Olukai is going to help ALL paddlers state-wide with shipping of their one mans and stand up boards. More information will be on their web-site www.olukai.com and here the first part of March. So save the dates of the event.

I think this is great news and a perfect example of the Aloha Olukai has for Hawaii and our lifestlye.

Terry

#4 Sat, 01/30/2010 - 11:57am

Pretty Awesome! Mahalo!

#5 Mon, 02/01/2010 - 7:29pm

F.B.I.?

Would love to do a Maliko run!

#6 Tue, 02/02/2010 - 12:04am

Aloha King of Kailua, yes, Big island as well will be included. Olukai is working out the shipping details as we speak. As soon as the logistics is worked out I will post it..
It is going to be an awesome event!
Terry

#7 Tue, 02/02/2010 - 5:39pm

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.363 seconds.