Spreading Da Word

Bringing salvation to the desert dwellers who have lived forever in ignorance of paddling.

AttachmentSize
P1000771.jpg594.68 KB

Submitted by Jibofo on Fri, 10/29/2010 - 3:22pm

With 3 boats on the roof, do you have to slow down below 100?!

Hallelujah Brother! Keep spreading the word!

don M
penticton

#1 Fri, 10/29/2010 - 7:59pm

That is cool! Let us know where in AZ you're going to be so we can get our OC paddling fix in during our summer travels. Nice to see the canoes made it there intact.

#2 Fri, 10/29/2010 - 8:50pm

Still cruises at warp speed even with 3 on top.
mauidude, in Lake Havasu. Check out the jibofo videos on youtube, there are great downwinders here, not Maliko but good fun.

#3 Sat, 10/30/2010 - 2:42am

mauidude who are you?????

#4 Sat, 10/30/2010 - 2:53am

I hear you Jibofo. I'm relocating to southeastern Colorado in a week's time and will be bringing my OC-1s for some mile high paddling. It'll be some long drives to get in on some racing!

#5 Sun, 10/31/2010 - 3:04am

Hey Deb!

I relocated back to Maui last year after a five year absence. I'm a whitewater kayaker who recently took up paddling an OC-1 (Pegasus) and SUP (Coreban) to get my paddling fix in. I never paddled ourtiggers when I lived here before,so this is all new to me. During the summers, I travel around the mainland in my camper van in search of whitewater Nirvana. I get out in my Pegasus about 3-4 mornings a week and am debating whether this old haole boy (53) has enough gas left to race come January. My only goal would be to beat at least one guy. LOL.

#6 Mon, 11/01/2010 - 6:45am

MauiDude,
with your whitewater experience, you'll luv Maliko run on a good day.... rodeo!!!!
I'll have to email you a list of guys to beat up on and their boat numbers!!!!!!!!! LOL
aloha
debmaui in lake havasu, but not debhaolefied ---- neva!

#7 Mon, 11/01/2010 - 3:25pm

LOL! I already know a couple of them. One of them heard I bought an OC1 last month and told my brother he knows how competitive I am and we are in the same age bracket (50+). I don't think he has anything to worry about this year, but I'm learning. Wendell (at Tri-Paddle) has been super in taking me out and helping me with my technique. I've learned a lot from him.

Larry: Your comments and encouragement when I was first thinking of getting an OC1 back in spring of 09 were very helpful and much appreciated.

I hope to get to meet you both either at Lake Havasu or here on Maui. I'm usually not on any strict schedule when I travel in the summer and I just sleep in my van the entire time, so it wouldn't be a problem to drop in and get some paddling in this next summer there. BTW, the folks here in Kihei that opened up a Tutti Frutti frozen yogurt shop had a place on Lake Havasu and speak very highly of it.

#8 Mon, 11/01/2010 - 6:19pm

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.169 seconds.