Still Confused about Jersey/Uniform

Aloha,

I am still confused-Did anyone get clarification?

The new uniform rule states the following:

"Note: Under the provisions of Molokai Hoe Race Rules, Paragraph A, All crews must be in complete CREW uniform at the START and COMPLETION of the race. Crews not in full uniform will be penalized."

http://www.molokaihoe.com/#top

So I am guessing, same color, design etc, but it still doesn't answer if different team members can have different sleeve lengths.

Sorry to be slow on this issue, maybe someone can enlighten me.

Submitted by Kona J on Wed, 09/08/2010 - 6:04am

This year's Molokai Hoe will be held on October 10, 2010.
If you need more information, in addition to the information covered please contact:
info@molokaihoe.com

The volunteer members of the Molokai Hoe committee are dedicated to maintaining a open line of communication. However, this task is not always an easy one therefore we ask that you please allot 1-3 days in receiving a reply to the following email addresses:

Please inquire per e-mail to the following person:
eventdirector@molokaihoe.com for all general inquiries concerning the event

#1 Wed, 09/08/2010 - 1:57pm

About a week ago, I called one of the HCRA officers to clarify the uniform ruling. He stated that shirts must have the same logo, same color and that it did not matter whether it was long sleeve, short sleeve or sleeveless. As far as hats, visors and sunglasses goes, there is no regulation, just make sure to start and finish with the same color and logo on all crew shirts.

Aloha,
Gary

#2 Wed, 09/08/2010 - 7:53pm

Mahalo Gary

#3 Thu, 09/09/2010 - 4:12am

I emailed eventdirector@molokaihoe.com because I wanted it in writing since it seemed to be such a big issue last year. Here's the response:

Yes, there is a requirement in the Molokai Hoe Race Rules starting in 2009 that crews must start/finish only in uniform.( First change & last change/finish) Uniform means same color, logos, etc. We are aware paddlers like a different sleeve types to race in. Different sleeve lengths are acceptable as long as they are in same color/logo.

Mahalo for your question.

Kalani Irvine
Event Director
Molokai Hoe

#4 Mon, 09/13/2010 - 1:53pm

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.126 seconds.