Takapuna Beach Cup 42k Changes race - Video

New Zealand's Premiere Outrigger changes race, held at beautiful Takapuna Beach, Auckland. A host of Local and international warriors battle it out for line honors and personal fulfillment in this fabulous International Event.

Held just last weekend. If you enjoy the Hamilton Cup then this is the event for you, great location and awesome local hospitality. Put this one on your "must do" list for next year.

http://rambos-locker.blogspot.com/2010/03/takapuna-beach-cup-42k-changes...

Cheers Rambo

Submitted by Rambo on Sat, 03/06/2010 - 1:31pm

Brilliant!

I especially loved the beginning.

#1 Sun, 03/07/2010 - 5:33am

Thanks Kona, looks unreal in High Def.

I'm finding myself moving more into an immersible style of film making, and away from just simple race reporting. Something that highlights the beauty and uniqueness of the location, sport, people, etc. Videos you can watch and enjoy without thinking to much about it and feel good inside after doing so.

Least that's what I'm trying to do.

Rambo

#2 Sun, 03/07/2010 - 12:44pm

Nice work Rambo. Cheers for coming over and capturing it for us all. It was a good day in the office.
And i'd second Kona J on the footage at the beginning. Mean!

#3 Sun, 03/07/2010 - 2:57pm

J

G'day Rambo

Whatever it is you're doing, you're doing a great job with it. I got so involved got that it was only when there were non of those never ending credits listing production crew/gaffers/key grips/caterers/dog walkers etc that I remembered it was all done by one guy

Huge effort

J.

#4 Sun, 03/07/2010 - 10:01pm

Hey DodgieBro, it was my pleasure super cool country NZ.

J, it's called "run and gun" and i wouldn't have it any other way.... i never was any good at delegating ..hahha

I sure would like to shoot some dang big ocean though .. Pa'รก Koa Nui photos looked awesome....one day.

Rambo

#5 Sun, 03/07/2010 - 10:51pm

You did a great job with the video editing - I really like what you did at the intro as well. it would have been helpful to have the name of the crew that the camera was on but just fun to see the difference in paddling style and stroke rate.

Nice video!

#6 Mon, 03/08/2010 - 4:23pm

Sorry about the length of it, but as day 2 was canceled due to the Tsunami, had to make day 1 longer.

Rambo

#7 Mon, 03/08/2010 - 5:17pm

J

Nah,I think the length was about right, with good coverage of the entire course. Tho' i did view it at work with their extra super duper bandwidth connection to the cloud :-).

#8 Wed, 03/10/2010 - 9:36pm

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.261 seconds.