Wanted - Concept II Rower Model D or E and/or Paddling Adapter

I am looking for a Concept II rower modle type D and a newer version Vermont Waterways paddling adapter. If anyone has one they arent using and it's taking up space I might be able to help. If you don't have one available but could advise on how to obtain one please let me know. Otherwise I'll just have to order a new one.

Mahalo,
~Q

Submitted by Qpaddler66 on Sat, 01/30/2010 - 11:29am

It's extremely difficult to find a used D or E and when you do the price is nearly the same. You can buy a new D on-line for $900 plus shipping factory direct @ http://www.concept2.com/us/default.asp. They're bad ass and you'll never need to replace one but it comes with a 5 year warranty as well(for free) if you have any issues with them. I've been using the concept 2 for a about 2 years. I'll never use anything else for getting off water miles in. You can check ebay for used ones but like I said before they're going to cost nearly as much as a new one. As for the paddling adapter use this link http://www.paddlemachine.com. They're 400 bucks though... not exactly cheap. I've never used one but they look like they're fairly ergonomic.

Good Luck.

#1 Sat, 01/30/2010 - 10:04pm

I have this, http://paddleone.com/

#2 Mon, 02/01/2010 - 7:56am

I'm not sure where you are located, but they are fairly common on the mainland. Used D's can be found for 500-800.00 on Craigslist.
Another source is check out if there is a C.R.A.S.H. B Sprint in your area. Typically they knock off 100-150.00 after the event. These are brand new units.
Craigslist seems to be the best place for deals, typically you will find somebody that uses them for a few months and then gets bored. I've purchased them over the years via CL. Cheap way to upgrade and you can usually tell by talking with the seller how much use the unit may have on it. My last unit was basically brand new. Owner ordered it new and decided after a week that it put too much stress on his lower back....probably just bad technique. I bought it for 600.00.
A heads up, the www.paddlemachine.com site can be a bit slow on responding. If you know somebody who can do some machine work, they are really easy to build. Very basic design.

#3 Mon, 02/01/2010 - 8:29am

I will sell you mine. let me know if you want it. Its a good one.

#4 Tue, 02/02/2010 - 4:47am

FYI

I bought the newest Vermont adapter this fall after using the older version last year that was set up with 2 benches. I highly recommend the new version.(If nothing else it gets you closer to the TV) It is more natural for side switches, paddles very smooth and took me about 30min to set up and get paddling. Since Dec I have put about 400 km in on it and no issues at all.

#5 Wed, 02/03/2010 - 9:59am

Hey JustPaddle, do you have the older version paddle adapter lying around that you might want to sell? I've got 2 Model B's. One with newer, one with older. We're trying to train as a crew during the offseason and I'd like to be consistent with just one style. I also know people (perhaps myself included) that prefer the older version.

#6 Thu, 02/04/2010 - 4:29am

Sorry drewp it was a borrowed rig and has gone home to its owner. Interesting you liked it better, I like the changes better as I previously stated. What did you like better on the old set up....?

#7 Tue, 02/09/2010 - 1:00pm

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.309 seconds.