Aloha Kendall Struxness - UPDATE ON INFORMATION REGARDING THE MEMORIAL SERVICE

It is with a heavy heart that I share that our dear friend Kendall has been called home. He was a son, brother and amazing friend who taught us all the true meaning of courage. See you on the other side boo. I am so proud to call you my friend.

Check out this trailer of beyond the reef. kendall had stage 4 colon cancer and refused to stay back, being the warrior he is, he paddled with his crew to the Hawaiian northwest islands.

http://soulfabric.net/newsfeed/?p=291

AttachmentSize
kendall.jpg64.8 KB

Submitted by Kanu37 on Sat, 04/02/2011 - 1:23pm

Mahalo Terry! Tomorrow we paddle for Kendall! Even though I never met him in person, I thought of him often as you kept us updated on his condition. May he rest in peace.

#1 Sat, 04/02/2011 - 3:23pm

Aloha Kendall! Saddened to hear he has gone across the final channel- Happy to have crossed a couple with him while he was here; rest in peace.

#2 Sat, 04/02/2011 - 3:33pm

Thank you Terry for the update. I haven't seen Kendall for a long time, so it was always hard for me to picture him with stage 4 cancer. I think when you never see the person sick it's hard to actually believe that they really are dying. I always had the hope that he was going to pull through.
I am really saddened to hear that he passed away. He will definitely be missed.

#3 Sat, 04/02/2011 - 4:41pm

Sorry to hear about Kendall. His inner spirit has been a great inspiration of positive fortitude for all of us in the paddling world who have had the grace of meeting such a kind, generous soul. Leaving the body behind (like lifting anchor), I believe, gives his inner soul the freedom it longs to set course for new vistas and horizons on the oceanic waters of this mysterious, and mostly invisible, universe we are all adventuring through.
Aloha,
Cliff

#4 Sat, 04/02/2011 - 7:45pm

I haven't cried all day till I read what you wrote Cliff. Beautifully said. Kendall and I have been friends for over 15 years and he was one of the few people I felt I could always be myself around. He fought the good fight all the way to the end and left us on his terms when he was ready. He was a gift to us all. He taught us so much about the importance of life. He was his happiest when he was in a canoe with people he loved. He gave so much of himself to others. He was humbled by the out pouring of love from the community.

Luke, after your accident he talked of you often and always asked me how you were "he is such a good kid"
I will let you all know when his service is.

#5 Sat, 04/02/2011 - 8:07pm

Kendall- always helpful and always smiling to the end. What a great fighter- he never let his illness interfere with living life to the fullest. I'll never forgot him doing those Molokai OC1 runs with KAi and others when KAi was just starting out. Also his OC1 surfing at full moon at HAnalei- that was one of his favorite things. Calm, collected, helpful to so many and always smiling. Certainly one of the great people that left us much too soon- but he will always be remembered.

#6 Sun, 04/03/2011 - 8:53am

To the friends of Kendall Struxness - a memorial and paddle out to honor his life will be held on Sunday the 10th at 1pm at Waipa on Hanalei Bay. This is where he spent many hours with his beloved Sailing Canoe on the Bay. Please help pass this infomation on..
Mahalo nui
Terry

#7 Mon, 04/04/2011 - 5:15pm

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.189 seconds.