C4 Waterman Paddles

To prove that sponsoring paddlers works, I was watching Travis Grant beat Danny Ching and then went to C4 Waterman (who sponsors Travis Grant) website for the first time ever and noticed a large selection of outrigger paddles. Has anyone given these a try?

Thoughts?

http://store.c4waterman.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=3&Click=2046

Submitted by Kona J on Tue, 05/17/2011 - 11:38am

i have their double bend full carbon blade, its a big blade thats probably better for 6man but the handle is super uncomfortable (and u can?t use full carbon blades anyway in 6man races)

#1 Tue, 05/17/2011 - 4:26pm

from the very beginning they made outrigger blades under the Pohaku Paddle name.

#2 Tue, 05/17/2011 - 5:17pm

Todd Bradley (C4) has made and refined his own personal steering blades for years, at least 30ys that i know of.
He also invented the HydroHat, remember that?

#3 Tue, 05/17/2011 - 10:07pm

I had the wooden hybrid for a while. The shaft was too thick and the blade very plonky. I passed it around and all people found the same thing. These are now $170USD on sale.

The new ones look OK though eh. I am not a fan of palm grips on paddles though, I have a C4 stand up blade with a Kialoa T Grip fitted to it. Much better.

#4 Tue, 05/17/2011 - 7:33pm

I agree with ChrisMC. I tried the Pohaku wooden hybrid and to me it was very uncomfortable. The shaft was way to thick and the paddle was heavy. I'm also a fan of the T grip. Seems to me C4 only makes palm grips. If anyone asked me about recommending a paddle, C4 would be way down on the list. Just my opinion.

#5 Wed, 05/18/2011 - 5:15am

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.192 seconds.