This changes everything

Since the message board is getting too boring for Rambo, I thought I would share this. We've been doing this quite regularly here, it's more efficient than bringing six one-mans out. This past weekend we did Makapu'u to Magic, the Thursday before that we did Hawaii Kai to Magic. On Sunday we had to pull off waves that were thought to be unimaganible to go down; as we get more comfortable and can afford it I say we don't pull off anymore.

Hopefully some company will will mass produce these soon, because the time is now and we seem to be letting it slip by. Maybe they are working on the perfect boat. If they are then they are letting perfection get in the way of progress.

AttachmentSize
Kapaatruck.JPG471.49 KB

Submitted by healthyearth on Tue, 03/22/2011 - 9:19am

Yeah...it was unreal watching four guys carrying the canoe. Made it hard for us to get into our 400lb.+ 6 man. Lots of advantages...great to see you guys doing a lot. I am sure there will be plenty of the 21st century canoes out on the water soon.

#1 Tue, 03/22/2011 - 10:38am

is that legal where you live? or is that why it looks like it is night time. Stealth Missions.

#2 Tue, 03/22/2011 - 11:05am

Wow!
Looks very cool.
How does that rig handle a stiff tradewind?
What's the farthest you've transpo'd like this?

#3 Tue, 03/22/2011 - 11:20am

Hehe. I like this.

And don't worry too much about progress - things are progressing even while I type this.

#4 Tue, 03/22/2011 - 12:23pm

@ Dodgiebro- yes it's illegal here in Hawaii. But, I've driven past 3 cops with it and they didn't say anything. I put a flag on it so maybe that helps. There are so many rules and laws now days that no person can keep up with them all.

@ King of Kailua- handles great so far. This Sunday we took to Makapu'u which is 18 miles away and we had 18-24 kph winds and it handled fine. I drag raced an ambulance qtr mile and beat him by a seat.

#5 Tue, 03/22/2011 - 1:28pm

I'd say it can handle the car ride very well. Kapa'a handled legitimately huge seas in it's debut.

#6 Tue, 03/22/2011 - 1:33pm

frickin nuttz!!! LOL!!! i love it!!

#7 Tue, 03/22/2011 - 8:22pm

I agree with goto things are progressing as we type...

#8 Fri, 03/25/2011 - 2:55pm

Need a longer vehicle. Think stretch Hummer limo...
More progress just happened.

#9 Fri, 03/25/2011 - 3:02pm

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.309 seconds.