CX surfski

Does anybody know anything more about CX surfski .I see this dude Mike won Kalakukea Race yesterday and one of the fotis bros won short course at Kanaka Ikaika on it.I'm about to drop the big bucks for my daughters desire to get a Epic and I feel this may be as good and less money.Any help is appreciated .
DD

Submitted by DubbleD on Sun, 04/24/2011 - 3:58pm

contact the foti's as they are the dealer/reps in hawaii. the ski and the oc-1 are made in italy if i'm not mistaken. check out the past forums on this site, there was vid/blog on the oc-1 and info. i talked to a guy that was demo'ing the ski and he said he loved it.

#1 Sun, 04/24/2011 - 4:08pm

Surprisingly "stable" from what I heard. Also surfs well. Anyone know prices per lay-up?

#2 Sun, 04/24/2011 - 10:20pm

Too much!!! European made surf skis and OC-1s! I shook my head when the Portuguese surf ski, Nelo, did the Molokai, and now an Italian surf ski, described as a Lambo, will probably be in the race? I like try, but I no think my okole going fit the 16.4" beam? Perhaps Eckhart will import a German ski?

#3 Sun, 04/24/2011 - 10:55pm

Fenn Elite is the best ski for Hawaii, but I am biased!

#4 Sun, 04/24/2011 - 11:33pm

More likely that I export a ski to Germany.

#5 Mon, 04/25/2011 - 12:08am

I buy that Eckhart!!

Would be nice to revive the made and designed in Hawaii surfski business again, and exporting them world wide sure would help the economy? I would guess that there is a bigger international market for them than OC-1's? Anyway, if you get a chance to test one out, would like to read what you think about the CX as compared to your other imported skis (Epic/Fenn) that you own?

#6 Mon, 04/25/2011 - 10:16am

" Would be nice to revive the made and designed in Hawaii surfski business again,"

I feel that way too Koa, not enuf hours in the day it seems ... anyone want to help ?

aloha,
pog

#7 Mon, 04/25/2011 - 4:22pm

I've heard rumors :)

#8 Mon, 04/25/2011 - 7:15pm

Hi,
I have had the fortune to have the CX loaned to me while in Italy.
I was completely blown away.
Is is as fast as any of the other skis on the market and seems to also hold on to the wave better...it has kind of chines or rails in the bottom so direction changes are easy and very fluid.
Also seems to be well made.
These constructors have apparently being making oc's for a long time and they are well regarded in Europe so I reckon their pedigree should be ok.
I would certainly consider it ...seemed very sturdy as well
cheers
Al

#9 Tue, 04/26/2011 - 12:07am

The C word resurfaces !

aloha,
pog

#10 Tue, 04/26/2011 - 12:32am

"Would be nice to revive the made and designed in Hawaii surfski business again, "

There's is talk of such here on the Big Island, a whole myriad of ideas have been thrown around by many individuals, and not isolated just to "skis". We'll have to see what the future will bring us. Exciting times for the world of paddlesports.

Bring it home again!!!

#11 Tue, 04/26/2011 - 8:33am

nice to read your comments regarding our canoes!
Greetings to all
Roberto
Allwave Group
?ab

#12 Tue, 04/26/2011 - 11:27am

dude, that guy is going fast!!!!!!

#13 Tue, 04/26/2011 - 12:11pm

Rose Ski!

#14 Tue, 04/26/2011 - 12:41pm

goto: yeah! For $700.00, Marshall would personally deliver to your door a brand new hand laid polyester and kormat Roseski. At that price, KGB, always bought a new ski every year. But then, John Martin quit making them for Marshall, and as per their agreement, couldn't make skis anymore, so he started the OC-1 revolution. Imagine, if John continued to make skis, there would be no OC-`1s as we know today.

#15 Tue, 04/26/2011 - 3:58pm

What I heard through the grapevine is that they are being built in collaboration with some Hawaiians.
Have also heard that some very serious surfskiers have tried it and say it's probably one of the best new skis on the market.
All I know is that the thing is very fast, quite stable and looks kinda like an Italian sports car.

#16 Wed, 04/27/2011 - 1:46am

The biggest drawback to all these long narrow skis is re-mounting them out in the ocean. Flat water re-mount is not a problem, but flopping back in them or crawling into those deep cockpits is a challenge out in the bumps. With the old style island skis or the Australian surf skis, all you had to do was push up and spin your okole around into position, like an OC-1. No doubt thes skis are fast, but when you huli, forget it.

#17 Wed, 04/27/2011 - 9:43am

yep, In the older narrow skis with deep buckets it was very difficult and you could only get in after a few tries in big seas.
But in the new generation of skis like the RED7 the re-entry factor is always considered.
In the Italian job it is quite easy to get back into. I tried and managed easily(in rough water)
.The buckets on a lot of the new skis are actually made to make re-entry easier
Surfski paddlers often actually practice getting back in after a wipeout

#18 Wed, 04/27/2011 - 6:59pm

Hello everyone,
as you may know, there is a chance to try the Cx in Hoau, "Paddlesports International" is our official dealer.
hello from Italy
Roberto

#19 Thu, 05/05/2011 - 11:50am

DoubleD: Did you drop the "big bucks" yet? Did you get the Epic or Allwave?

#20 Mon, 05/23/2011 - 10:23pm

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.220 seconds.