holiday burnoff

any info on the burnoff as far as the direction of the course since the forecast calls for 15knot westerlies? does manny have any inclination to reverse the course or............?

Submitted by lilo on Thu, 01/06/2011 - 5:31pm

Email sent to previous pre-registered paddlers about the Holiday Burnoff Race mentioned any possible course change will be made on race day.

Aloha Gang,

If you are planning on racing in the Holiday Burnoff Race this weekend and haven¹t pre-registered, please go to www.paahawaii.com before our pre-registration closes on Wednesday at midnight. Please leave your numbers
on your vessel if you were in the 2010 Thanksgiving Race, Halloween Race, or Toys for Tots Race. If you didn¹t do those races, make sure that all numbers are removed from your vessel and we will issue you a new number.

With the weather forecast currently showing westerly winds, we will most likely change the course to go downwind. Final decision will be made on race day.

Mahalo,
Manny

#1 Fri, 01/07/2011 - 1:24am

mahalo, i didn't check my email, but thanks again.

#2 Fri, 01/07/2011 - 6:07am

Makes sense to wait till race day to call the shot. I remember the time when it was all up hill, and many of the paddlers turned around at Alan Davis to surf back to the pier. Twenty years ago, when the winds were southerly, the race started at the bathhouse and it was all upwind till the turn at the Point. After the Point, it was good fun time with a strong current helping you catch all the reflecting/rebounding waves to Hanauma Bay. Just past Makapuu Light House, the strong southerlies surprised you and hit you hard on the port side pushing you out to sea. Then the winds let off and it was a flat water dash to finish at Makai Range Pier. Great race and great barbq fish fry under the Pier.

#3 Fri, 01/07/2011 - 8:47pm

Burnoff email update.

Update: Race will start and finish at the Shack Hawaii Kai. Please try to
park in the back lot just passed Kale¹s Health food store. No drinking in
the parking lot...you know who you are, Melvin.

Mahalo,
Manny

#4 Sat, 01/08/2011 - 12:19am

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.179 seconds.