Kainalu by Kamanu Composites. Any experience???

Does anyone have any experience on the Kainalu made by Kamanu Composites?
My friend is considering on buying one but he would like more info on it...
I have only tried the Kaimana from Kamanu Composites... Not sure how big of a difference there is between the two.
Can someone more experienced on the Kainalu please give me feedback to pass to him?

Mahalo
-D.A.

Submitted by StormSurfer on Fri, 09/02/2011 - 7:37am

try http://kamanucomposites.com/canoes ?

if you buy it cuz of reading that tell nick he owes me beer

#1 Fri, 09/02/2011 - 11:41am

Already looked at that...
My friend saw the post for sale + its located in SD, thats the reason he was asking for more information on it lol. I'll be sure to give Nick a heads up about the beer if my friend ends up buying it lol.

#2 Fri, 09/02/2011 - 11:54am

its a great boat, paddles well + surfs good (not that it matters in California). Very similar to the kaimana with subtle differences in styling. paddled one in all conditions, get it!

#3 Sat, 09/03/2011 - 8:17pm

StormSurfer, I've personally owned both these canoe models from Kamanu Composites, replacing my Kaimana with a Kainalu a few years ago, mostly to improve the performance in a wider range of conditions... I found the Kaimana's plumb bow "floaty" and harder to drop in on waves.

The description on the KC website say it better than I could about the design cues - suffice to say you can defintely see the Kaimana DNA in the Kainalu, and the Kainalu DNA in the Pueo.

Agree with Toa... go get it!... and if it comes with Pueo ama like mine did.. RUN and GET IT!

Open Ocean Outriggers
Vancouver, BC
www.outrigger.ca

#4 Wed, 09/07/2011 - 2:56pm

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.175 seconds.