Kaolele Reviews or Feedback?

Has anybody got any feedback on this canoe yet? Anybody paddled it? Seen it?

All I can find is the video of John Foti. Any more info?

Submitted by ChrisMC on Wed, 11/02/2011 - 9:18pm

I have used the kaolele throughout the year in different conditions and the canoe is excellent. Especially in the bigger stuff the nose doesn't bury and it tracks unreal. It works good in the flat too. This past solo molo was flat and shitty but the canoe responds to even the slightest bump and just glides. Couple tap taps and your just cruising. I used it during our time trials for my club which the course is mainly side chop and I still was able to catch bumps and mop some young bucks in my club (just kidding sort of). There is a fixed seat and adjustable foot pedals so you can find the spot that feels right. I believe they have demos on Oahu.

#1 Fri, 11/04/2011 - 11:35am

I took it out pretty much daily for a week when I was back home in Lanikai a couple months ago. The conditions during the week ranged from light trades with small bumps up to moderately strong trade winds with a good sized ground swell.

It catches the small bumps easily, manouvers and transitions from the windswell into the groundswell well and makes the bigger drops without pearling. I seemed fast, but since I was paddling by myself I can't really say....I did, on a downwind leg from the Mokes to Flat, manage to pass a couple (mainland) OC-6s that were in Kailua training for the Kailua Bay challenge that week.

#2 Fri, 11/04/2011 - 1:14pm

How will this boat replace an ocean kayak for touring.

#3 Fri, 03/23/2012 - 9:07am

Well for one, it will be a whole hell of a lot faster!

#4 Sun, 03/25/2012 - 4:20pm

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.175 seconds.